How do I scavenge a few metal bottles?

Status
Not open for further replies.

dRebelXT

May 14, 2005
One stainless steel vacuum flask and an aluminium water bottle with coating inside.. worth $30+ i guess..
I havent used them for at least a year..
When I put them in the storage there were water inside..
As a result shall not have stains..
Algae or water borne micro-organisms shall grow though the lid is closed.. How do I properly clean them up and reuse? :sweat:

Thanks for your ideas..

Stainless_steel_flask_1047750.jpg

Aluminium%20Water%20Bottle.jpg

Last edited:
Simple knowing this will help you reach your potential in
your next level of the art of questioning!

;):):bsmilie:

yawn.. need a cup of coffee before asking questions.. :(

One stainless steel vacuum flask and an aluminium water bottle with coating inside.. worth $30+ i guess..
I havent used them for at least a year..
When I put them in the storage there were water inside..
As a result shall not have stains..
Algae or water borne micro-organisms shall grow though the lid is closed.. How do I properly clean them up and reuse? :sweat:

i try to translate this for ts:

i have on stainless steel vacuum flask and an aluminium water bottle which is coated internally. they are worth about $30+, by my estimates.

i have not used them for at least a year. when i stored them, the interior was not entirely dry, therefore there should not be any stains(?!?!?!?!).

however, i think that algae or other micro-organisms would have grown inside even though the lid was closed during that year. is there any way to ensure that these are removed properly before i use them again?

you can try pouring hot water inside.. :) that should get rid of many organisms. after that you can try washing it thoroughly. the problem with these aluminium deep water bottles is that you can't even see what is inside unless you take a torch light, and even then there are blind spots.

for sure the vacuum flask will be able to take it. i'm not sure about the coating of your water bottle though.

you can try pouring hot water inside.. :) that should get rid of many organisms. after that you can try washing it thoroughly. the problem with these aluminium deep water bottles is that you can't even see what is inside unless you take a torch light, and even then there are blind spots.

for sure the vacuum flask will be able to take it. i'm not sure about the coating of your water bottle though.

use a baby milk bottle brush to scrub thoroughly.
get the mirror tool from dentist to see the blind spot.

Step 1: Fill it with boiling hot water. Make sure you are not holding it with your bare hand.
Step 2: If you are still not happy add detergent, and dont be stingy. Shake well. Make sure you are not holding it with your bare hand. Make sure you rinse well with cold water, to make sure all detergent is gone.
Step 3: Still not sure, borrow or buy large kettle such that you can put the bottle lying down, not standing, not upside down, not slanting. The fill with water until half immersed. And boil it. Make sure you are not holding it with your bare hand. Use thongs to turn it around. And boil and boil until you are happy. If there is not enough water then add more water and let it boil again... until you are happy.
Step 4: Still not happy? Fill it with Vodka. That sure kill the germs.
Step 5: my god ... go buy a new one and sell the old one.

er I mean that pincers or tweezers kind lah, kitchen utensils. Not under garmet. Sorry. But I like the pictures :) (I look at dictionary and best definition is ass floss hahaha )

if gongfu is good can use chopsticks

Last edited:
put the bottle between them?

girls_in_thongs.jpg

:dunno::dunno:

A good laugh and a smart post can lighten up Kopitiam regulars.
You and Sion can be the current champions!
But all of you should be aware of external implications
where you demonstrate love, joy in participation and
to deepen overwhelming relationship with one another.

You deserve a promotion and our affirmation. We put you in charge
to drive the force of active joyful time spent here. ;):)

Put it into the dry cabinet :thumbsup: ;)

Step 1: Fill it with boiling hot water. Make sure you are not holding it with your bare hand.
Step 2: If you are still not happy add detergent, and dont be stingy. Shake well. Make sure you are not holding it with your bare hand. Make sure you rinse well with cold water, to make sure all detergent is gone.
Step 3: Still not sure, borrow or buy large kettle such that you can put the bottle lying down, not standing, not upside down, not slanting. The fill with water until half immersed. And boil it. Make sure you are not holding it with your bare hand. Use thongs to turn it around. And boil and boil until you are happy. If there is not enough water then add more water and let it boil again... until you are happy.
Step 4: Still not happy? Fill it with Vodka. That sure kill the germs.
Step 5: my god ... go buy a new one and sell the old one.

OH.. You should go out and write a book..
Digital Camera Techniques for Dummies..
;p

70% Isopropyl Alcohol

But all of you should be aware of external implications
where you demonstrate love, joy in participation and
to deepen overwhelming relationship with one another.
you mean, people might think i'm , erm.. happy? :angel::angel:

Status
Not open for further replies.