How do I rotate NEF(RAW) photos in My Documents?

Kangnie

Feb 18, 2010
Singapore
I started saving my photos as NEF(RAW), but when I uploaded them to my computer, I realised I couldn't rotate the photos in the My Pictures folder in My Documents. Is there any way I can go about doing that? And does anyone knows which photo storage websites besides My Picturetown that I can upload NEF(RAW) files to? Does Flickr allow me to do that?

Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks.

On ViewNX, the photos are already rotated, does that mean that when I upload them to flickr or mypicturetown, the photos would be rotated correctly?

Does Flickr allow me to do that?

Flickr is a general picture gallery. Most users post JPEG images on Flickr. What is threat starter intent of posting NEF file on Flickr.

On ViewNX, the photos are already rotated, does that mean that when I upload them to flickr or mypicturetown, the photos would be rotated correctly?

After rotation, export image as JPEG. Exported JPEG image orientation should match NEF image orientation. After verifying it from threat starter hard disk, threat starter may post JPEG on Flickr.

You can't upload NEF to those sites. Far too huge. You need to export to JPEG first.