How do I mount Panasonic M4/3 Lens on Nikon DSLR?

wavesurfer

Nov 12, 2009
Hi all,

As above, how do I mount Panasonic M4/3 Lens on Nikon DSLR?

We recently bought a Nikon D5300 with two lens, but we are hoping to use our old Panasonic Micro 4/3 lens (35mm and 14-55m) on the DLSR.

May I know what do I need? And what are the consequences (e.g. loss of details etc).

Thanks!

darrrrrrrrrr

Sep 19, 2006
Singapore
Not possible as the register distance for m43 mount is shorter than nikon f mount (m43 is mirrorless) so it cant be adapted. Also the image circle for four thirds or m43 is smaller than aps-c size for nikon so it won't cover the full sensor on the nikon.

The reverse is possible though, adapting nikon lens to m43 using an adapter. If you're using a G lens which lacks an aperture ring you'll need an adapter which can physically adjust the aperture. No autofocus or electronic control of the lens though.

Feb 5, 2014
singapore
Not possible as the register distance for m43 mount is shorter than nikon f mount (m43 is mirrorless) so it cant be adapted. Also the image circle for four thirds or m43 is smaller than aps-c size for nikon so it won't cover the full sensor on the nikon.

The reverse is possible though, adapting nikon lens to m43 using an adapter. If you're using a G lens which lacks an aperture ring you'll need an adapter which can physically adjust the aperture. No autofocus or electronic control of the lens though.
In summary, the micro 4/3 lens will jam the mirror in the Nikon DSLR :)

Top Bottom