How do i know which picture i shoot with tripod or not ?

biskandar

May 11, 2010
Singapore
www.about.me
Hi ,

How do i know which picture i shoot with tripod or not ? I've heard that there is information data inside the picture .

I need to separate my pictures with or without tripod apply .

The exif information only gives you info on your camera and lens settings, it cannot tell you whether you have used a tripod.

Hi ,

How do i know which picture i shoot with tripod or not ? I've heard that there is information data inside the picture .

Nope...if yes I would like to know what tripod brand/model the camera is mounting on :eek:

Hi ,

erh...how about view at least 50%...got handshake=no tripod, no handshake p= tripod....:sweat: :bsmilie:

Hi ,

err what benefit are u gonna get from knowing that information, heck i can do long exposure without motion shake even by putting my cam on a rock or anywhere that can hold my cam in place, and by right if u're the one that take the shoot u should remember which one the pic u take with tripod & which one don't, it's a very meaningless question lol :p

Maybe the EXIF data can also remind me what breakfast I ate that day, or if I remember to take a shower...

Maybe the EXIF data can also remind me what breakfast I ate that day, or if I remember to take a shower...

That's a bit far fetch lah...may be can tell what filter(s) had been used....:D

I saw the exif data can capture the focal length , iso , and shutter speed , it suppose there is a way , right ?

I can do the provisioning about my tripod profile name manually and yes , also even the filter .

Yes, need to know how to apply or tag additional information inside the exif data of each my picture, i guest that this one need to put manually .

I need to keep the history of my pictures , and it became archive .

I saw the exif data can capture the focal length , iso , and shutter speed , it suppose there is a way , right ?

I can do the provisioning about my tripod profile name manually and yes , also even the filter .

Yes, need to know how to apply or tag additional information inside the exif data of each my picture, i guest that this one need to put manually .

I need to keep the history of my pictures , and it became archive .

The only way to collect information on things not connected electronically to the camera, is to enter it by hand through the comments field in your camera... or you can enter it in the PP stage where you are actually using a full keyboard... ;)

you need to activate the sensor coupling the tripod/beanbag to the camera for it to be recorded in EXIF .... :bsmilie:

just kidding ..... AFAIK its taking manual notes if u really want to know

Last edited:
no la, it can't tell you if the picture used a tripod.

but you can infer, if the picture is 30 seconds exposure and there is no camera shake, it should be on a tripod or something that serves as a tripod.

From now on, always shoot handheld with shutter speed > or = (1/focal length) and with tripod always < (1/focal length). This way you can tell by just looking at the focal length and shutter speed in the exif. Of course you may have to compromise for certain situations.

Last edited:
actually i am thinking, most would turn off is for tripod right? then is info should be captured? so can infer frm whether the shot has is or not

actually i am thinking, most would turn off is for tripod right? then is info should be captured? so can infer frm whether the shot has is or not

That's assuming he's shooting with a lens that has IS, or a body where you can turn it on or off.

cannot tell. unless u made a note. But usually u will still remember somewhat?

Suppose there is an advanced tripod to enable this feature right ? Gitzo / Manfrotto / Benro ?

Suppose there is an advanced tripod to enable this feature right ? Gitzo / Manfrotto / Benro ?

...and try to think logically here... How would it communicate with the camera to tell it "Hey, add 'shot with tripod' to your EXIF!"?

Let me guess, instead of a regular ballhead, it uses a magical crystal ball-head with special camera-only psychic powers?