How Do I Improve..

Status
Not open for further replies.

singdude

Dec 22, 2005
Newcastle (UK)
Hi all,

Would aprreciate if you guys could look at this photo and give me pointers to improve or I should have done. Thank you !

rai3qv.jpg

only fault i see is that u shot too close to the backpaper/wall hence that unslightly shadow.

Thank you for your feedback.
Actually, it is a wall.

Have nice Day !!!

Bro, please bear in mind that in every photograph the factors that make or break a shot is lighting and shadows. This is what makes the difference between a great photographer and an average one. Many think that as long as composition is good, that's all it takes. But though composition is a core essence of any image, lighting and shadow play a very important role.
In your shot, the boy is standing too close to the wall, resulting in the flash casting ugly and distracting shadows on it. Asking the boy to step a few steps away from the wall and shooting with ambient lighting would have made the shot a lot stronger. Better if the boy was in front of a mono-tonous background with some depth but blurred with a larger aperture. This will give depth to the shot and add dimension instead of just looking flat.

Thannk you so much for your pointers, with these in mind, I will surely appply them in my next shot.

:thumbsup:

Heartshape said:
Bro, please bear in mind that in every photograph the factors that make or break a shot is lighting and shadows. This is what makes the difference between a great photographer and an average one. Many think that as long as composition is good, that's all it takes. But though composition is a core essence of any image, lighting and shadow play a very important role.
In your shot, the boy is standing too close to the wall, resulting in the flash casting ugly and distracting shadows on it. Asking the boy to step a few steps away from the wall and shooting with ambient lighting would have made the shot a lot stronger. Better if the boy was in front of a mono-tonous background with some depth but blurred with a larger aperture. This will give depth to the shot and add dimension instead of just looking flat.

Just my 50 cents worth... subject stands at least 4 feet away from the wall... use a bounce flash w bounce card. A pretty simple shot.

Status
Not open for further replies.