How do i grow in this photog business?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Duinchlfc

Aug 29, 2006
Sengkang
Hi there,i am just curious how do i grow or get more business as a freelace photog.I have been in photography for 6 years odd now.For the past 2 years,i started doing freelance as official photog for school events,dinner and dance and a wedding here and there.Other than expanding my port folio.How else can i get more exposure.Do i need a cert or something? Seems like everything involves paper work of some kind nowadays.Cheers!

#1, read whatever you can find related to photography business, many books already cover every aspects of this profession.

#2, Networking

marketing, networking
getting noticed

know people and more importantly people know you

Grow in your skills by going overseas to learn ... Grow further there by doing photography overseas as opportunities are quite limited here ... With bigger budgets, the possibilities are endless with extra cash to hire helpers & equipment to facilitate a production...

#1, read whatever you can find related to photography business, many books already cover every aspects of this profession.

#2, Networking

any good books to recommend? I am doing pretty well on the networking side.Just gotta know what else i can do.

If your networking is good but you are not getting constant flow of jobs than something must be wrong somewhere. Care to share your portfolio?

any good books to recommend? I am doing pretty well on the networking side.Just gotta know what else i can do.

Honestly, if you're doing good with networking, you'll be rolling in so many jobs that you probably won't have that much time to be on CS. :D

It's not about general networking, but networking with the right people. :)

Honestly, if you're doing good with networking, you'll be rolling in so many jobs that you probably won't have that much time to be on CS. :D

It's not about general networking, but networking with the right people. :)

And honestly speaking,photography is a sideline to me.I do have a main job.So no books to recommend then.Oh well off to the library i go.Cheers

"How else can i get more exposure?"

My suggestions: Commission promotional materials (well designed with high production quality) & strategically mail them out to the people/companies whom you want as clients.
While a link to an online portfolio is convenient, it can only sit in the email inbox. A tactile, physical representation of yourself in someone's hands is quite a different thing.

--------------------------------------------------------------

Not sure if you are aware of FreelanceSwitch, but it has a load of useful resources.

101 Ideas to Get More Freelance Work and Generate New Client Leads
http://freelanceswitch.com/finding/...freelance-work-and-generate-new-client-leads/

12 Practical Ways for Freelance Designers to Increase Leads
http://freelanceswitch.com/finding/practical-ways-for-freelance-designers-to-increase-leads/

"How else can i get more exposure?"

My suggestions: Commission promotional materials (well designed with high production quality) & strategically mail them out to the people/companies whom you want as clients.
While a link to an online portfolio is convenient, it can only sit in the email inbox. A tactile, physical representation of yourself in someone's hands is quite a different thing.

--------------------------------------------------------------

Not sure if you are aware of FreelanceSwitch, but it has a load of useful resources.

101 Ideas to Get More Freelance Work and Generate New Client Leads
http://freelanceswitch.com/finding/...freelance-work-and-generate-new-client-leads/

12 Practical Ways for Freelance Designers to Increase Leads
http://freelanceswitch.com/finding/practical-ways-for-freelance-designers-to-increase-leads/

Thank you for those informative articles! God bless!

Be hungry for business, network a lot, never over promise and be honest in your business dealings.

Status
Not open for further replies.