How do I get this?

SweetMelodyC

Mar 22, 2010
As stated in the thread title, how do I get this effect? I'm a Nikon D90 user. :)

p-1.jpg

Unstable hands. I assume that you did not use a tripod and setting was a low shutter speed.

i think ts is asking how to get it, not how she got it.

you find a street with lights, and then move your camera around................. making sure it is doing a long exposure

What if I wan't to have ppl in my photo?
Won't they turn out blurred as well?

But I've seen people who doesn't get blur in the picture with this effect.

you FLASH them first before the long exposure, if you do that, there will be enough light on them to appear as solid people, while you get swirley lights.

it's a common thing that club photographers do...... cliched after a while.

try a few slow shutter settings, like 2 sec, 4 sec etc, aim at street light, neon sign, move the camera while shutter open, each exposure is unique.

NM has already replied you, one thing to add is try not the let the light strips cut across your human subjects, you need need to practice a lot to learn the tricks.

Oh okok!
Thank u so much everyone will go try it out later! :D

I've done something like this before. Basically, you just leave the camera on long shutters and move your camera around. I left my camera on 30 sec exposure then just walk along the streets with the camera hanging around my neck. Having a belly to bounce the camera off while walking helps too.

trails01.jpg

trails02.jpg

trails03.jpg

I've done something like this before. Basically, you just leave the camera on long shutters and move your camera around. I left my camera on 30 sec exposure then just walk along the streets with the camera hanging around my neck. Having a belly to bounce the camera off while walking helps too.

LOL...i sure have a belly for that