How do i do this?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi guys, i chanced upon this image while browsing thru a website, i forgot which one though...too many.. hehe..

anyways.. if you looked at the image, how do i get that star burst effect of the sun? i've been meaning to get this kinda image.

what kinda recommended settings? i tried though with smaller apertures say f/16 and shutters at 1/400 but failed to come out with the result i wanted as shown in the image.

any tips to share? Thanks;)

690524661c874da7c56nz5.jpg

Strobist setup. you'll need some wireless flashes...

to TS, basically what you do is almost there, have you try:

smaller aperture like f22?
is it a sunny day?
do you removed your filter
do you place the sun near corner of your image?
are you using a wide angle lens?

hi, sorry if it cause a confusion.. actually i've been doing some wireless flash thingy for some assignments. and mostly outdoors. so whilest taking the pictures i tried to instill the sunburst effect into my images but somehow i failed. Not giving up though hence asking some help from members here.

to catchlights...
-i tried to varify my f-stops from f16-f22 and keep the iso at the minimum tht is ISO100.
-and yes its a sunny day.
-ermm i did not remove my filters.. will it help if i remove them? i'd only remove my filters if there are flares captured in my images.
-hmm.. i guess so.. as shown in the image above.
- i'm using a 18-200VR and 50mm f/1.8

i guess its jsut me having a preference to have an outdoor shoot on a bright sunny day.. a hot afternoon sun will definitely works for me.. hehehe..

its photoshopped...

i dun think there is a DSLR lens out there with aperture blades that can produce this kinda star burst.

oh???? seriously???:bigeyes: hahaha... if tht is so.. then i must be very ignorant! i'm aware of doing it at night though for street lights. the image i shown have seriously pose a great challenge to me...maybe i was concentrating too much onto how to come out with such effect that it didnt occured to me that its PSed.

but seriously.. is that effect achievable? without the means of editing with photoshop?
:sweat:

oh???? seriously???:bigeyes: hahaha... if tht is so.. then i must be very ignorant! i'm aware of doing it at night though for street lights. the image i shown have seriously pose a great challenge to me...maybe i was concentrating too much onto how to come out with such effect that it didnt occured to me that its PSed.

but seriously.. is that effect achievable? without the means of editing with photoshop?
:sweat:

what lens are you using? you can create so many point burst at night?

what lens are you using? you can create so many point burst at night?

oops did i say something wrong?:sweat:
i'm using mostly are prime lenses.. from 50-85mm and sometimes those zoom lenses. say 70-200vr or 18-200vr

errr...i guess u interpreted me wrongly for the night time star burst.. what i meant is a starburst effect is achievable by using long exposures say shooting streetlights... not by strobist kinda work..hehe.. ;p

oops did i say something wrong?:sweat:
i'm using mostly are prime lenses.. from 50-85mm and sometimes those zoom lenses. say 70-200vr or 18-200vr

errr...i guess u interpreted me wrongly for the night time star burst.. what i meant is a starburst effect is achievable by using long exposures say shooting streetlights... not by strobist kinda work..hehe.. ;p

actually i'm talking about the spokes which are produced in this picture look like using photoshop.

anyway, if u really wanna just create a starburst like this on day light, or a replica of this picture.

you need,

Non cloudy day, best with good sunlight and angle
ND filter, probably ND4 or ND8
strobes to expose the subject.
tripod

the longer the exposure, the longer the streaks

normal_Korea_2007-22.jpg

anyway, irrelevant, just to tell u about using a ND grad.

actually i'm talking about the spokes which are produced in this picture look like using photoshop.

anyway, if u really wanna just create a starburst like this on day light, or a replica of this picture.

you need,

Non cloudy day, best with good sunlight and angle
ND filter, probably ND4 or ND8
strobes to expose the subject.
tripod

the longer the exposure, the longer the streaks

anyway, irrelevant, just to tell u about using a ND grad.

hey , tht's a good image! tht's exactly something that i wanna achieve... but with a model present in the location i dun think they will be patient enuf to stand in a fix position for so long cos of the sun..

anyway.. i knew tht was coming.. to use a ND filter.. hahaha.. but i'm glad it came too... since its the best alternative...

Thanks!!! appreciate it lots! :thumbsup:

hey , tht's a good image! tht's exactly something that i wanna achieve... but with a model present in the location i dun think they will be patient enuf to stand in a fix position for so long cos of the sun..

anyway.. i knew tht was coming.. to use a ND filter.. hahaha.. but i'm glad it came too... since its the best alternative...

Thanks!!! appreciate it lots! :thumbsup:

not to the extend of more than 1 sec... probably depending on your image and iso.

Status
Not open for further replies.