How do i do good post processing?

Ev0lutionz

Oct 22, 2013
Singapore
Shot some cloud photos, did some tweaking, but i still do not think i did very good. I'm colour deficient to admit, any tips on what to change to make the picture shine out?

10476514804_7d38da7618_b.jpg

I think first of all you need to work on your composition, then follow by post process.

Wondering how come your sky is purple in color and too strong of a post process vignetting...

I think first of all you need to work on your composition, then follow by post process.

Wondering how come your sky is purple in color and too strong of a post process vignetting...

well he did mention he is colour deficient...tough problem. but his pictures will all be creatively toned/coloured =p

Composition as in? During the shot itself? Actually this was shot in a moving car haha! Am colour deficient so this definitely will handicap me a bit actually.

a content of the photo is very important, what you want to tell the viewers about your photo?

and if there is no content in the photo, no matter how much efforts you put in the post process is also useless.

just like writing a story with 3000 words, hand written with nice calligraphy on the fine art paper, but nobody can understand the storyline, it is still a junk.

Composition as in? During the shot itself? Actually this was shot in a moving car haha! Am colour deficient so this definitely will handicap me a bit actually.

you know your weakness, than go find your strength and put all your efforts in it.

like capture emotion, doing monochrome etc.

If the subject is the cloud, try to re-shoot during sunset or sunrise time with some foreground or background to form some good composition will help. IF you have some time just visit the Landscape Section to copy some idea.

Shot some cloud photos, did some tweaking, but i still do not think i did very good. I'm colour deficient to admit, any tips on what to change to make the picture shine out?

I always like clouds from behind a polarized lens...If taken quickly using phone, can use polarized shades.. If cam, can consider getting a cpl filter. The reduced glare really helps 'pop' the clouds.. As for composition, try a wider peripheral view.. try to capture a wide view and See If can crop out the composition you want, it's really easy for a start.. then slowly train the eye to look out for the composition thru the viewfinder..
Just my 2¢ :)

Oh BTW.. about the color deficiency.. pls don't See it as a disability.. in fact it may be helpful to See things in different light.. photography is essentially a science of light from a artistic perceptive.. and light comes in a infinite spectrum of shades n color.. embraces what you already have n allow ur unique creativity flow naturally.. cheers

Oh BTW.. about the color deficiency.. pls don't See it as a disability.. in fact it may be helpful to See things in different light.. photography is essentially a science of light from a artistic perceptive.. and light comes in a infinite spectrum of shades n color.. embraces what you already have n allow ur unique creativity flow naturally.. cheers

??? I don't think it works that way. What is the point if you are the ONLY person who see things in a "different" light.

I think the best way is just do monochrome.

well, the subject can be the cloud itself, i would suggest accentuating the detail in the cloud more, correcting the purple sky to blue, and crop off the top to give the image more balance with the more panoramic aspect ratio. this can be part of your "dreamy cloud photo series...." :)
10485528734_f93fd8a9f2_o.jpg

??? I don't think it works that way. What is the point if you are the ONLY person who see things in a "different" light.

I think the best way is just do monochrome.

agree.

i also have colour deficiency but i don't like doing monochrome shots. just have no feel for it.

I always like clouds from behind a polarized lens...If taken quickly using phone, can use polarized shades.. If cam, can consider getting a cpl filter. The reduced glare really helps 'pop' the clouds.. As for composition, try a wider peripheral view.. try to capture a wide view and See If can crop out the composition you want, it's really easy for a start.. then slowly train the eye to look out for the composition thru the viewfinder..
Just my 2¢ :)

Polarizer doesn't work all the time.

agree.

i also have colour deficiency but i don't like doing monochrome shots. just have no feel for it.

I too, have color deficiency. And I definitely agree with the point of monochrome shots.

Sometimes (many times) I do question myself on the colors I processed if it's the "correct" color. *I think I'm still off the mark many times*

As mentioned by the others, make use of your color deficiency and turn it into a strength.
Do monochrome.

As for your photo you need to think of composition first.

Sorry, not sure what color deficiency is, is it color blindness?

But here's what I do:

1) Look at what others do
2) Try to find out what they do if I like it, also try to find out what they did if I don't like it, so I can avoid
3) If I still can't find out what they did, I will ask them
4) Try out in Photoshop myself
5) Find my own way of doing things
6) Do what I do and seek honest advice, taking each piece with a pinch of salt as everyone has an opinion and preference

Pretty simple actually, not that different from many other things in life.