How do I deal with melted laptop surface?

dRebelXT

May 14, 2005
Mine is 4 year old Dell Inspiron with a soft plastic top cover, which attracts fibre in the bedroom and dust, now i suspect it's melted already it's kinda sticky and fibre can not rub off..

besides the dark blue top cover full of dust and fibre, the rest parts look like 95% new.

i plan to use it for another 4 years for the slow depreciation rate.. :bsmilie:

Buy contact or some kind of adhesive wallpaper that you can cut to size and stick onto the back, its called a laptop skin on ebay and you can find all kinds of design (or just create your own).

Mine is 4 year old Dell Inspiron with a soft plastic top cover, which attracts fibre in the bedroom and dust, now i suspect it's melted already it's kinda sticky and fibre can not rub off..

besides the dark blue top cover full of dust and fibre, the rest parts look like 95% new.

i plan to use it for another 4 years for the slow depreciation rate.. :bsmilie:

:bigeyes:

computerstuff on avg expires every 4 years from my own experience.

be it my nintendo ds, my handphone, my laptop, my pc. only exception seems to be dslrs:think:

Most companies tech refresh the laptops/computers every 3 years.
Since TS laptop is only exterior defect, good suggestion by mrsamo to get something to paste over it. Else use spray to change the color.

can buy those carbon fibre vinyl stickers too to stick on the laptop ha..can choose black, white, even red!

i just ordered a red one from eBay to stick on my netbook hahaa...

:bigeyes:

computerstuff on avg expires every 4 years from my own experience.

be it my nintendo ds, my handphone, my laptop, my pc. only exception seems to be dslrs:think:

humans have a native tendency to 喜新厌旧.
for a 4 year old gadget, the owner would say, it's about to change.. then toss it arround and spoil it..
only after you lose something/body you regret then you will learn to treasure what you already have.. :cry:

for a 4 year old gadget, the owner would say, it's about to change.. then toss it arround and spoil it..
only after you lose something/body you regret then you will learn to treasure what you already have.. :cry:

erm...

my old cpu, motherboard damaged, power supply caught fire after 4 years...

my nintendo ds, the card reader part not working properly already...

my laptop, still working fine... starting to have hiccupps now and then.

its not "perceived obsolescence". its intentional. most devices are designed to "expire".

New technology also come out so fast.

486 can last very long, but you can't really use it for modern purposes.