How do i collect my payment?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Duinchlfc

Aug 29, 2006
Sengkang
I'm unsure on how to collect payment from my client lets say a wedding dinner shoot.Should i do the prints,burn the dvd's then pass it to them and get my payment or do i get my payment first? I have no idea how to go about this,first two weddings i did were for friends friends so i wasn't worried of getting ripped off.But now i'm doing it for strangers so....

Do a search here. It has been discussed many times before.

The bottom line is, the deposit should at least cover your operational cost. The remainder can be collected upon delivery. There are some very strange folks out there that don't seem to want to collect their photos. :bsmilie:

I'm unsure on how to collect payment from my client lets say a wedding dinner shoot.Should i do the prints,burn the dvd's then pass it to them and get my payment or do i get my payment first? I have no idea how to go about this,first two weddings i did were for friends friends so i wasn't worried of getting ripped off.But now i'm doing it for strangers so....

Hi Duinchlfc!

There is no right or wrong way to bill your clients, everyone as a different practice. For me I bill the full amount to book date if the total bill is less than $2000 and a 50% retainer/deposit if the total bill exceeds that. The balance will be collected upon collection of digital proofs.

Try to collect upfront say 30-50%. On actual day full amount as if verbally not confirm deals can back up. Know your clients as client can last minute play you out.

Status
Not open for further replies.