How do I clean the glass inside my dRebelXT?

Status
Not open for further replies.

dRebelXT

May 14, 2005
In the cleaning kit combo, I have these stuff, am I using them correctly?

• a blower to blow away dust on lens and the upper section above the mirror,
  • a bottle of alcohol & fiber handkerchief to clean lens when blower fails to clean the lens,
  • some smooth & silky paper (not sandpaper) to clean lens of finger prints,
  • a brush with soft hair on the front, I use it to brush the lens when blower fails.

What do I use to clean the mirror inside the camera (correction) when I see tiny dust (not the print) on it?
Is it better to send for service instead if I am rough handed?

Sorry I got corrections. I mean the small glass 45 degrees tilted inside the camera. Once or twice
I saw dust on that mirror and blower removed them, but now one dust particle can not be removed
by the blower.

Pls dun use the sandpaper

:) Sandpaper is the wrong name maybe, some very smooth paper stapled together.

I think he is refering to lens tissue. I prefer using micro clean cloth to clean the optical glass after a good blow..:)

Just use the blower to blow off the dust on the sensor or mirror.
Don't usually use any cloth to clean the lens glass itself, just use the blower, besides the glass is always protected by a UV filter. The more you clean, the more coating you are rubbing off from the glass.

majere2sg said:
Just use the blower to blow off the dust on the sensor or mirror.
Don't usually use any cloth to clean the lens glass itself, just use the blower, besides the glass is always protected by a UV filter. The more you clean, the more coating you are rubbing off from the glass.
I see. I use UV also most of the time, so less rubbing on the actual lens itself.

For the small glass 45 degrees tilted inside the camera. Once or twice I saw dust on that mirror and blower removed them, but now one dust particle can not be removed by the blower.

put the blower near the particle, gather power in ur right hand and den give the particle a good woosh?

I'd removed stubborn hairs this way. :)

just make sure when you pressing the blower, the tip doesn't move around and scratch the mirror or other stuff.. 1 or 2 specks of dust wun be noticable in the VF.. it will definitely not show up on your pics. Dun worry too much about dust.. you can never rid it fully. Once you change lens, it'll fly back in. (unless you change lenses in a clean room..)

Del_CtrlnoAlt said:
sandpaper???
halo, can demonstrate with your cam a not ha, really want to learn leh:bsmilie:

yanyewkay said:
just make sure when you pressing the blower, the tip doesn't move around and scratch the mirror or other stuff.. 1 or 2 specks of dust wun be noticable in the VF.. it will definitely not show up on your pics. Dun worry too much about dust.. you can never rid it fully. Once you change lens, it'll fly back in. (unless you change lenses in a clean room..)
Yeah, I realized this problem so I always used a soft-tip blower.

Status
Not open for further replies.