How do I achieve 'super' macro shots?

angmorbeng

Nov 24, 2012
Singapore
Hi,

I am using a canon EF 100mm L IS USM lens and 600D body combined with or without a 430ex flash.

I am often in a position when I would like to get closer to the subject but this appears to be beyond the abilities of this lens.

What I can I add to my lens to produce those stunning pics of spider faces etc....?

You can add a raynox dcr-250

Hi,

I am using a canon EF 100mm L IS USM lens and 600D body combined with or without a 430ex flash.

I am often in a position when I would like to get closer to the subject but this appears to be beyond the abilities of this lens.

What I can I add to my lens to produce those stunning pics of spider faces etc....?

what is your usually output?

web or print?
very large print?

The minimum focusing distance is 30cm for this lens at 1:1. You will only be able to fill up the entire frame with something that is 22mm (which is your sensor size) at 30cm. Any smaller you will require extension tube(s), tele-converter + extension tube(s), raynox, etc...

Isn't this a Gallery section as well?:)

So if Gallery section is for showcasing photos where do we move this ?:D

Forum /Photo Galleries/Macros and Close-ups/ How do I achieve 'super' macro shots?

Gallery section is for showcasing photos,

thread moved.

Last edited:
Hi,

[video=youtube;wqRn3at0H60]http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_detailpage&v=wqRn3at0H60[/video]

1. Reverse a cheap fast 50mm with your 100mm.
2. Use a Raynox close up lens as suggested above.
3. Use a small compact camera with a raynox close up lens
4. Use a small sensor ILC like the Pentax Q with macro lens
5. Canon MPE-65
6. Crop aggressively
7. Extension tubes