How do I achieve Lomo effect on a DSLR?

Status
Not open for further replies.

daftmunky

Dec 31, 2005
As above, would appreciate if someone can share on how I can achieve Lomo effect (where it's darker on the edges of the picture) on a DSLR? Is it only possible through photo editing?

Thanks in advance.

this is mine. :D

2252375786_82617ac613.jpg

As above, would appreciate if someone can share on how I can achieve Lomo effect (where it's darker on the edges of the picture) on a DSLR? Is it only possible through photo editing?

Thanks in advance.

you could stack filters until you get vignetting (that's what it's called, btw)

but the lomo effect is MORE than just that, to be honest.

Thanks a lot guys, just what I needed to know.

Any more suggestions will be appreciated.

Arrgh, dump your DSLR for the time being, steal/borrow/beg/buy a lomo and have fun :)

Else i remember there's some filter that repilcate the work of film. i don't have it now, will update when i get to my desktop.

Arrgh, dump your DSLR for the time being, steal/borrow/beg/buy a lomo and have fun :)

Else i remember there's some filter that repilcate the work of film. i don't have it now, will update when i get to my desktop.

Would be great if you can keep me updated. Thanks in advance.:)

you could stack filters until you get vignetting (that's what it's called, btw)

but the lomo effect is MORE than just that, to be honest.

from the technical aspect Lomo effect = poor color reproduction, no detail, lens flare, light leak, out of focus (or no focus at all), totally wrong exposure... ...

things that are usually undesirable becoming desirable = acquired taste = Lomo effect ?

am i right :devil:?

from the technical aspect Lomo effect = poor color reproduction, no detail, lens flare, light leak, out of focus (or no focus at all), totally wrong exposure... ...

things that are usually undesirable becoming desirable = acquired taste = Lomo effect ?

am i right :devil:?

not really, i've seen some lomo pictures which are really sharp, with good exposure

it's more of the concept that you don't care what you are shooting, just gauge with experience, and can shoot anything, no rules, nothing, not even composition though sometimes you can control it somewhat depending on camera. nothing to do with the result in the end, though of course if you get a good result it makes your day, seeing how there were, well, no nothings to start with. :bsmilie:

wah lao, very ZEN.

sort of like,

"we all journey toward an end, but in the end, its the journey that counts".

wah lao, very ZEN.

sort of like,

"we all journey toward an end, but in the end, its the journey that counts".

Ya ..somewhat like Andy Warhol paintings. We have seen the subject(s) of his works a thousand times over, but the way the subject is depicted in the works - its makes us sit up and take notice once again.

In the world of almost perfect image rendition of digital photography, seeing a Lomo picture is sometimes refreshing. We pause and take time out from our busy schedule and take a second look. I have just started playing with Lomo effect it is bringing me a sense of greater appreciation of the world around us. I share the following image, which i would ordinarily consider as less interesting before it was LOmo-ed. Hope you guys like it.

A mundane red walled building in Little India : Lomo-ed
2263274924_53aebc9293.jpg

vignettes on a lomo cameras are usually circular or oval-shaped with certain inconsistencies. there should be grains either fine or coarse. pictures are not sharp and there is a slight bit of motion blur + circular blur. and not all are in focus. focus are on random subjects. you might want to add light leaks. Some LC-A cameras have light leaks directly in the center. And photos are most of the time slightly over exposed.

:D

how about shooting with a wide angle converter to a fungus infested mono coated lens?

Status
Not open for further replies.