How did u train yr hand not to shake during taking pixs for a long time like 1 1/2 h?

Status
Not open for further replies.

compro_1975

Apr 24, 2005
how to train so that it would not shake??? i can not tahan after 1hr. tks for the ans

huh ???

Event shooters can shoot up to 6 hours in an evening .. wedding photog shoot for 1 whole day ... you ask for 1 hour ??? :dunno:

Endurance lar ... :bsmilie:

go gym train arm power, also go pratice yoga or chi gong to control breathing.

1 1/2 hrs at the same spot? use a monopod / tripod. else, you can also compensate with a combination of ISO, aperature, and flash... other factors, breathing technique, posture, and support.

If you hold up your camera in a position where you are composing and focusing, you can kinda feel all the muscles being worked. So, what you should do is go to the gym and train all the muscles that make up a hand. Shoulder, tricep, bicep, forearm, wrist.Do high reps for stamina.

The way you depress the shutter also plays a big part in camera shake. You may read or heard that the correct method is not to snap at the shutter button, but to place your finger on the button, hold your breathe and press gently.

compro_1975 said:
how to train so that it would not shake??? i can not tahan after 1hr. tks for the ans

u a smoker?

If Canon, get IS lens
If KM D5/D7 just get a lens.
If Nikon get VR lens.

Try not to drink a lot of water.

Keep shooting, exercise, stop smoking, practice shooting with the heaviest lens you have, control your breathing, slowly depress your shutter release & start thing you are a cool & steady sniper :p

Besides the above pointers, if your subject is really inspiring or you are inspired (no punt intended), you shouldn't even feel the ache.

simon80 said:
u a smoker?

Why you ask that? Withdrawal symptoms? :bsmilie:

I think the threadstarter probably adopted the wrong posture when waiting to shoot ..... such as holding the camera at eye level almost all the time instead of holding up only when he wants to shoot.

Last but not least, no PCC within 24 hours of shooting would probably help. :lovegrin:

Madmax said:
Why you ask that? Withdrawal symptoms? :bsmilie:

smoking will affect your heart which may increase heart beat rate.

like what virgo mentioned...

just shoot more lo.. :D eventually u will get so used to the weight of ur cam, using it for long hours will be easier..

compro_1975 said:

Huh? What r u doing? Holding onto the camera? Just hang it ard your neck, or sling it on yr shoulder. Even if you held onto it it shouldn't be a problem... 1 hour ONLY!!!

Its still much easier than NS... hold a stupid rifle and run, then expect you to shoot while you're still catching your breath. Isn't that worst?

Status
Not open for further replies.