How did he get this picture to look like this?

Status
Not open for further replies.

bandapear

May 25, 2009
http://farm4.static.flickr.com/3405/3562170678_3dcc69d877.jpg?v=0

With that high contrast and the dark around the corners.

I'm really new to photography, but two things I was thinking, either they used something like a spotlight on the seen and just used smaller aperture and higher shutter speed. Or it's something done in photoshop.

And actually now that I think about it, this lighting is similar to that used in a lot of different beer commercials. And I'm just dying to try to figure it out.

Thanks for any insight. :)

its called vignetting effect or better known as lomo style effect

I think the photo is more than just vignetting.. Kinda felt the contrast was pushed up, while toning down the brightness with the curve tool in PS. But still, there's juz something more that I can't make out... anyone can guess?

Here's the wikipedia definition for you, http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Vignetting

"In photography and optics, vignetting  (pronounced /vɪnˈjɛtˌɪŋ/) is a reduction of an image's brightness or saturation at the periphery compared to the image centre. The word vignette, from the same root as vine, originally referred to a decorative border in a book. Later, the word came to be used for a photographic portrait which is clear in the centre, and fades off at the edges. A similar effect occurs when filming projected images or movies off a projection screen, the so-called hotspot, defining a cheap home-movie look where no proper telecine is used."

I think the photo is more than just vignetting.. Kinda felt the contrast was pushed up, while toning down the brightness with the curve tool in PS. But still, there's juz something more that I can't make out... anyone can guess?

looking at the photo and composition, I believe that the shot was setup. reflectors and lightings are used in the shot. tunning of color also have been done in PP.

can any1 link this picture to here??
i cannot access to flickr here

can any1 link this picture to here??
i cannot access to flickr here

there u go.

3562170678_3dcc69d877.jpg

looking at the photo and composition, I believe that the shot was setup. reflectors and lightings are used in the shot. tunning of color also have been done in PP.

Agree. It's a combination of good lighting setup, with boosted contrast, tweaked color curves and vignetting added.

Status
Not open for further replies.