How did he get into this accident?!?!?

Status
Not open for further replies.

willyfoo

Jan 18, 2002
North
willyfoo.com
I was at Upper Pierce Reservoir taking photos of the monkeys on the 11th of March 2002. As I was packing up and driving back at 5:40, I saw this interesting scene....

DSC02687-AccidentWakingVictim.JPG

A few people were around the area wondering how this pick-up got stuck in such a situation. One man seemed to be trying to talk to someone in the pick-up.

DSC02696-AccidentDoorOpen.JPG

The park staff & construction workers worked to find planks to get to the 50 odd year old man, identified as Mr Ong. Note the two patches of soil on the left; the pick-up probably jerked violently to create such a deep impact.

DSC02715-AccidentStretcher.JPG

The paramedics, police and members had to work together to bring the man out of the pick-up.

DSC02722-AccidentTrailDown.JPG

Tracing back up how he got into this position, we noticed the tyre marks barely just making it between the small drain and the stone block. If he had gotten either in the small drain or hit the stone block, the situation might not have been so sticky.

Good stuff :thumbsup:

Any luck with the papers?

Originally posted by Jed
Good stuff :thumbsup:

Any luck with the papers?

Nah.. they said my fees were on the high side.
All the better, then I can post them here... :)

:( Sorry to hear, hope it wasn't because of my advice.

At any rate, for future reference, the newspaper shouldn't be buying your pictures, just a single use for the newspaper. In other words you still own the copyright unless you assign it away, in which case there's no problem your posting them on clubsnap either way.

Don't worry.. anything below that price is barely worth the effort actually..

Tats why...people say bring ur cameras out with you...no matter where. Sure got chance for photo. Heh
:)

haha if no one in the pick up , i think they can go suspect some female driver liao

Originally posted by eadwine
haha if no one in the pick up , i think they can go suspect some female driver liao
Wah..... sensitive comment man!
Lucky not many ladies here....

willy > did u edit the photo??

why now the photo now so small?? i remember if wasn't like that last nite

and the pick up is too 'blue'...i mean the blue is too saturated

It's too blue because it has DISNEY COLOURS!!! :gbounce: :gbounce: :gbounce:

Hee hee... I think the 2 soil patches are caused by the rear end of the truck... Since it's a short downwards slope, when the rear wheels truck decent down the slope, the rear end was brought down to the ground level and strike the ground, dragged a bit to creat the "trench". That must be hell of a bumb to the driver, and then, following that, I believe the frount wheels smack into the drain, pitched up and went a little foward with what's left of the force and finally the rear wheels went i. He would have smack himself into the steering wheel when the front wheels went in.... I guess that's why they put him on a neck brace and strap him to a stretcher, fear of spinal injuries... But then, he could have had a heartattack or fell asleep to land in such a spot...

Status
Not open for further replies.