How come no one talks about GE compact cameras?

Status
Not open for further replies.

donut88

Nov 14, 2008
GE seems like a new comer into the market.

Any one bought before?

GE seems like a new comer into the market.

Any one bought before?

GE = Great Eastern? General Electric? General Elections? :dunno: Sorry no idea here...

btw, one will see a phletora of brands (just like mobile phones in China). One can easily find a OEM factory in China, and stick/print your preferred brand...and wah-lah! a new brand is born!

As the saying goes, the proof is in the pudding. Go to the shop and try it out.

Paper specs can only say so much. Eventually it's the image quality we're looking for. It may have great resolution or functions, but if it's noisy, has lousy lens, bad colour output, shoddy construction...well...

Oh so it's General Electric.

Well I've never heard of it, until I saw this thread. The specs may be look good, but how about optics or user-friendliness? I think these things matter more.

Looks like only in the US that it is popular as GE is a US company. some of the cameras looks like a Ricoh

Last edited:
GE cameras???? Ugh, I'd be very very worried about the output.

Plus, they're a nobody in cameras... Why would people buy them?

Did you see a review?

http://www.digitalcamerainfo.com/co...30-Digital-Camera-Review-15647/Conclusion.htm

"The 8-megapixel GE A830 is made up of really low-quality components and paired with a camera body that looks more like a refrigerator or microwave than a camera. The 3x optical zoom lens is noisy, the 2.5-inch LCD screen doesn’t have very good resolution and its view looks choppy. The flash gives an unflattering, spotty light. The camera has possibly the worst Movie mode ever seen on a digital camera; it rivals those on cell phones with its awful audio, overexposure, and strange purple-streaked phenomena. The GE A830 isn’t made for consumers who want good video from a digital camera nor is it made for those who want a sturdy weatherproof body. Its open ports will let in all kinds of moisture and dust, potentially ruining the camera. It doesn’t have many manual controls to attract serious photographers, and it doesn’t even take good pictures, so it isn’t for point-and-shooters who just want a good picture to come out of the camera. Who’s left? No one. "

yeah.... i couldnt find online reviews on these cameras.

maybe SG is slow to catch on....... no one seems to know about them.

maybe i will go and try some of them.

GE cameras???? Ugh, I'd be very very worried about the output.

Plus, they're a nobody in cameras... Why would people buy them?

Did you see a review?

http://www.digitalcamerainfo.com/co...30-Digital-Camera-Review-15647/Conclusion.htm

"The 8-megapixel GE A830 is made up of really low-quality components and paired with a camera body that looks more like a refrigerator or microwave than a camera. The 3x optical zoom lens is noisy, the 2.5-inch LCD screen doesn’t have very good resolution and its view looks choppy. The flash gives an unflattering, spotty light. The camera has possibly the worst Movie mode ever seen on a digital camera; it rivals those on cell phones with its awful audio, overexposure, and strange purple-streaked phenomena. The GE A830 isn’t made for consumers who want good video from a digital camera nor is it made for those who want a sturdy weatherproof body. Its open ports will let in all kinds of moisture and dust, potentially ruining the camera. It doesn’t have many manual controls to attract serious photographers, and it doesn’t even take good pictures, so it isn’t for point-and-shooters who just want a good picture to come out of the camera. Who’s left? No one. "

wow... so bad review ar???? :bsmilie::bsmilie::bsmilie:

hey, anyway this online review website seems to be biased... it has alot of Canon adverts..... is it controlled by Canon?

Last edited:
Been using E840S for 8 mths.
No problem so far. :D

can post some pics here?

if anyone who is keen for this camera, where to buy? I never see this before in any well known camera store in SG. Sorry if there is, maybe my eye is not big enough to notice that.

if anyone who is keen for this camera, where to buy? I never see this before in any well known camera store in SG. Sorry if there is, maybe my eye is not big enough to notice that.

i think SLS may have.... i'm not too sure.... when i was walking ard looking at cameras, i remember i did come across them.

I bought it at High Street Centre, Lau International i think. 2nd flr.
Was walking around & try it.

Status
Not open for further replies.