How come no local photographers involved?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Mr Tokunaga is a very famous aerial photographer. It is only natural that the RSAF engage him to shoot. Shooting aircraft, especially when air to air isn't as simple as standing on terra firma and clicking away.

Also, there was an ST photographer who was shooting the Black Knights as well.

Not sure what basis you have to make such remarks.

Mr Tokunaga is a very famous aerial photographer. It is only natural that the RSAF engage him to shoot. Shooting aircraft, especially when air to air isn't as simple as standing on terra firma and clicking away.

I have nothing against him. But thought that locals should be given the chance - even if they aren't famous... heck... that sounds like a summary of our current social issue...

If we don't give exposure to our own people, we won't have anyone in the future. Why don't we hire foreign fighter pilots har?

yup. think any tom dick or harry can shoot?

obviously they would want to pick someone with experience. whether local or not is the least of their concerns.

yup. think any tom dick or harry can shoot?

obviously they would want to pick someone with experience. whether local or not is the least of their concerns.

I suspect it's typical govt tender system. Get 3 quotes and choose the lowest bid......

yup. think any tom dick or harry can shoot? obviously they would want to pick someone with experience. whether local or not is the least of their concerns.

Not "any Tom Dick or Harry" but I am sure there are solid Singaporean photographers. After all, it is SG50. Give chance mar.

By the way, I know at least one person - one of the old bird mods of CS - who has done quite a bit of professional aerial photography in his career.

Last edited:

Actually, ST very smart, the hired guy did all the hardwork, RSAF paid all the money. Then ST send in someone to shoot over his shoulders and between his legs and got all the same shots. Then hurry up go back and publish all over the newspaper.

Ethically questionable from point of view of respecting individual content creator's efforts. But ST never had good rep anyway.

Next year Jap guy angry not coming liao. But who knows someone out there already learned his tricks.

Reactions: oeyvind
Status
Not open for further replies.