How come all my JPEGs in PS looks grainy?

Status
Not open for further replies.

nerdie

Feb 14, 2002
Hi, i'm using PS 7.0
Now when i open all JPEGs, it looks extremely poor quality, very grainy...
But when i open with windows media viewer or editor, it looks normal, even in IE it looks the normal colours as i do when i took the photo (6MP)
Can anyone help me?
Thanks in advance!

nerdie said:
Hi, i'm using PS 7.0
But when i open with windows media viewer or editor, it looks normal, even in IE it looks the normal colours as i do when i took the photo (6MP)
Can anyone help me?
Thanks in advance!

when you look at the pic at odd % zoom eg. 16.66%, you can get grainy photos.

Try at the standard zoom eg 12.5, 25%.

nerdie said:
Hi, i'm using PS 7.0
Can anyone help me?
Thanks in advance!

I could be wrong on this, but I think you can select in the preferences what resampling algorithm is used for looking at images at a different scale than 1:1 (pixel-per-pixel). If you choose a poor (but fast) algorithm there, like next-neighbour, it may look horrible and somehwat "grainy" on the screen.

I don't own Photoshop 7.0, so I cannot tell you exactly where in the preferences this may be hidden.

dnd8008 said:
when you look at the pic at odd % zoom eg. 16.66%, you can get grainy photos.

Try at the standard zoom eg 12.5, 25%.

Still grainy at standard zooms :dunno:

LittleWolf said:
I could be wrong on this, but I think you can select in the preferences what resampling algorithm is used for looking at images at a different scale than 1:1 (pixel-per-pixel). If you choose a poor (but fast) algorithm there, like next-neighbour, it may look horrible and somehwat "grainy" on the screen.

I don't own Photoshop 7.0, so I cannot tell you exactly where in the preferences this may be hidden.

I own PS 7.0 and i still don't know.. haha :dunno:

nerdie said:
Still grainy at standard zooms :dunno:

sorry bro, I had that prob, but seemed to resolve at standard zoom.... cant help you here.

Status
Not open for further replies.