How can i convert a black&white photo into colour photo?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bulldog988

Jan 6, 2004
Singapore, Singapore, Singapor
i have scan a wedding photo of my parents. its a b/w photo. any experts can tell me how can i turn it into a colour photo? what software do i use? thanks and Happy CNY........ :cool:

Bulldog988 said:
i have scan a wedding photo of my parents. its a b/w photo. any experts can tell me how can i turn it into a colour photo? what software do i use? thanks and Happy CNY........ :cool:

You'll likely never achive the same results as taking the shot in colour, the best you'll be able to do is make it look colourized. If doing it using software your best bet is to use PhotoShop.

The other way is to make a B/W print and then airbrush in the colour for the faces, hands etc .. this method was used a lot by wedding photographers in years gone by. A competent Pro Lab should offer this service, but it's expensive.

DeepZpace said:
I don't think that's possible. Unless u merticulously paint every thing using colours. Someone tell me if its possible. :nono:

Of cos it is possible....

coke21 said:

thanks... will read it. but if i need to air spray it then i will have some problems. i am partial colour blind. green and red blindness.

check with some studio and it costs a bomb.

there's why i am looking for a software that will auto colourise it for me. i will try the photoshop.

meantime, good luck to all... HUAT! HUAT! HUAT!

Bulldog988 said:
there's why i am looking for a software that will auto colourise it for me. i will try the photoshop.

There is no software in the world right now that will auto-colorise a b/w photograph. Not even Photoshop. The only way to do it is MANUALLY.

No software is smart enough to know what colour to apply at which part of the photo. Computers are not greater than humans.

yes it is possible
i use photoshop do it, although i didn't do a very gd job :cry:
take a look at my parent photo

myparent.jpg

myparent2.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.