Status
Not open for further replies.

romeo

May 7, 2002
Lost
Visit site
mr041013d.jpg

Sighz... How could anybody be so cruel to animals :(

Perhaps we can give ourself an assignment to 'snipe' the culprit with our camera before posting to the web/send it to the press/ pass the picture to police authority.

I guess this will be good practice if you aspire to become a detective or private investigator.

kyrie100 said:
Because we unfortunatley live in a society full of idoits who think that animals are not as good as humans because we have language, yet I ponder, just because dogs/animals cannot speak (using words), they have a language that is more intrinsically sophiscated than ours. They also have instincts which are more intune. They're honest, unlike humans who cheat, who rob, who kill. Let me ask, what is the IQ of a dog....would you say about 80? The average IQ of a human is 100...yet something with an IQ of say 80, is loyal, shows affections, protects the family/house. For people who have a very high IQ, what do you the rest of humanity seems like to him. I wonder what Eistein or Newton would say to that?

If a dog was to bite someone's bum coz that idoit walked backwards into it or stopping (by talking to her and not paying attention), what is the dog suppose to think, oh....fleshy game. *Bite*. What happens then, the dog is labelled as dangerous and is put down. I don't see anyone doing that to people who steal or rob people and causing injury to others.

Sorry, I'm just having my gripe with humanity and life at the moment. :p

If anyone found the offender, I hope he/she gets put down too.!
I'll make sure he's got bruise all over his body first! :angry:

kyrie100 said:
Because we unfortunatley live in a society full of idoits who think that animals are not as good as humans because we have language, yet I ponder, just because dogs/animals cannot speak (using words), they have a language that is more intrinsically sophiscated than ours. They also have instincts which are more intune. They're honest, unlike humans who cheat, who rob, who kill. Let me ask, what is the IQ of a dog....would you say about 80? The average IQ of a human is 100...yet something with an IQ of say 80, is loyal, shows affections, protects the family/house. For people who have a very high IQ, what do you the rest of humanity seems like to him. I wonder what Eistein or Newton would say to that?

If a dog was to bite someone's bum coz that idoit walked backwards into it or stopping (by talking to her and not paying attention), what is the dog suppose to think, oh....fleshy game. *Bite*. What happens then, the dog is labelled as dangerous and is put down. I don't see anyone doing that to people who steal or rob people and causing injury to others.

Sorry, I'm just having my gripe with humanity and life at the moment. :p

If anyone found the offender, I hope he/she gets put down too.!
not the first time something like that happen already...sigh

Although the way this dog was killed is sad, I wonder how many of us stand still at the millions of chickens, pigs, cows etc. that are being slaughtered all over the world? Many people arebeing offended to see cats and dogs being cruelly killed but these same people are happily eating chicken burgers, beef and prok meat etc.......are those animals less sorrowful as dogs and cats?

Any being (with a mind) don't want to be killed.........I believe only vegetarians have the right to give comments on these kind of cruelty.........I am not a vegetarian, so I won't give comment......

Just reminds me of those western people who got sick at the notion that South Koreans like to eat dog meat....but they themselves are killing more pigs per year than there are human beings in Europe!

Hong Sien

Hong Sien, there is a difference between killing animals for food and killing them for pleasure or whatever inspires the culprit. Although I do not condone the way some animals are being bred for our consumption (force feeding, crammed enclosures, etc), we do need to eat for our survival. Making everyone a vegetarian is also not the solution as there are issues with this as well.

Bascially pets are nice ..but i don't think i can show great patients and care so would i rather not have a pet than having one then abandon it.

Because dogs are considered as pets, that's why everyone here is crying foul?
What you all thing about poisoning rats?
Aren't hamsters pets also?

kyrie100 said:
I was more suprise that no one mentioned anything about my little Einstein

"The average IQ of a human is 100...yet something with an IQ of say 80, is loyal, shows affections, protects the family/house. For people who have a very high IQ, what do you the rest of humanity seems like to him. I wonder what Eistein or Newton would say to that?"

Democracy does exist! :p
What comment you want?

Newman said:
Hong Sien, there is a difference between killing animals for food and killing them for pleasure or whatever inspires the culprit. Although I do not condone the way some animals are being bred for our consumption (force feeding, crammed enclosures, etc), we do need to eat for our survival. Making everyone a vegetarian is also not the solution as there are issues with this as well.
Yes, we eat for survival but the way we eat animals now is just that we eat too many of it, not that I am vegetarian myself, but I limit eating meat, slowly I probably become vegetarian, it is not easy I know. The reason many people like to eat meat is for its texture, and protein (not for its taste) and not for survival....if it is for survival then it would have been for the protein, but we can get protein from other products too (beans), beans contain per KG more protein than meat by the way.

We also don't eat meat for its taste as the taste of meat is gone anyway as we add so much spices and cook/fry them, resulting the taste to be different. If you really want to taste the real taste of meat you need to eat it raw :) something that not many people would like to do, another hint that we are no real meat eaters like carnivores that produce more saliva just by looking at meat. Anyway, there is no reason why human beings can't be vegetarians.........our body wasn't 'designed' to digest meat.....so, there is no real need for human beings to eat meat, it is not for survival, there are millions vegetarians in the world, they are not dying.....yes, morally the reason/intention why animals are killed is being the point here. So, why not cry foul when cockroaches are being killed? There are other ways to remove them from the house without killing them......or why not crying foul when we use leather shoes, or carry that leather bag, why cry foul when foxes are killed for their fur? What I mean to say is, before condemning the person killing this dog, we should also look at ourselves: haven't we also killed for our 'pleasure'?.........let this pic serve as a lesson to ourselves to kill less, and in the long run, make use more aware what we are doing when we buy that nice leather shoe :)

Hong Sien

There was this question asked in court under what circumtances is an animal is consider as a human being. The court said that as long as it is 50% human it will be consider half human. The lawyer then inform the judge that chimpazees share 98.6% of human genes and Fruit flies share nearly 60% of human genes. Then do they atleast be treated just alittle better?

Yes, they are all living things.

kyrie100 said:
We are Omnivorous.

Yup. The canines and incisors are not there for fun. If we are meant to be vegetarian, we would have different teeth.

For farm animals, maybe we should give them a better breeding envoirnment rather then some tight cage that rather able to move. Let them die in a more humane way at least not so bad. Dead meat is dead meat, is how they being slaughter. I dun mind paying a little bit more. Yes, I respect life.

Status
Not open for further replies.