How big can you print?

Status
Not open for further replies.
If you happens to print 24x36 inches out from your D2H, please let me see see .... :D :bigeyes:

KNIGHT ONG said:
If you happens to print 24x36 inches out from your D2H, please let me see see .... :D :bigeyes:

:eek: :eek: :eek: I'm sure that can be arranged. You sponsor me the printing fee, I print one for you. ;)

The biggest I've printed is 13"x19" from JPEG, but "heard" from ppl from DPReview that they can easily print 20"x30" using RAW. There are even ppl claiming 30"x40" is possible (with good quality).

it's entirely possible.

it doesn't just depend on the megapixels, it depends on the sensor as well.

a low quality 5 megapixel sensor probably can't print bigger than 8x10

a high quality 3 megapixel sensor can probably print A3 or larger with no problems.

those of you who read the moon rover article who has a 1 megapixel camera... that sensor is specially engineered to the finest quality and all.. and no doubt, that 1 megapixel camera can probably print A3 or larger too.

it's really the quality of the sensor that counts when printing..

AJ, haha, actually there is no limit. You can always take many shots side by side then stitch them side by side, your little 4MP camera can become 16MB or even 256MB camera. But the process of shooting and stitching can be very painful you know.

Astin said:
AJ, haha, actually there is no limit. You can always take many shots side by side then stitch them side by side, your little 4MP camera can become 16MB or even 256MB camera. But the process of shooting and stitching can be very painful you know.

Hehe, I still remember sometime back there's a posting of a person taking literal thousands of pictures of Grand Canyon and stitch them into the giga-pixel picture? :)

I agree with sequitur. :)

There are a lot of misconceptions about BIGGER MP == BETTER, especially with all the bombardments of the marketing jargons and propanganda. :sweat:

There is a special trick in PS that allows you to take a 2MP picture and print it into a poster...:D

coke21 said:
There is a special trick in PS that allows you to take a 2MP picture and print it into a poster...:D

Huh?? Never heard before leh...

Status
Not open for further replies.