hOW BEST TO SHARPEN A BLURRED PORTRAIT?

Status
Not open for further replies.

ydanz

Feb 7, 2003
SGP
Would the Wizards of PS please advice your killer tip on the above issue please? Got a really good shot that was unfortunately slighty blurred by slow shutter speed. Thanks in advance. Please include setting details when possible to benefit all.

I tried unsharpening it in PS but can only sharpen it by a tad. Too much and the picture would just look weird.

Maybe u could post it here, and let the everyone have a go at it. It's pretty hard to help when we can't see the pic and how blurred it is. Just my 2 cents here ...

Unfortunately, PhotoShop is not almighty and is not going to fix a fundamentally flawed picture (i.e. out of focus, camera shake, etc). Underexposure is still fixable though, to a certain extent depending on how much noise your camera has, etc.

Having said that, you might want to try this product : FocusFixer though I am rather skeptical.

Regards
CK

Photoshop or its equivalents are all but just photo-touchup tools. Nothing replaces a decent original - after all, "garbage in, garbage out". :D

ydanz said:
Would the Wizards of PS please advice your killer tip on the above issue please? Got a really good shot that was unfortunately slighty blurred by slow shutter speed. Thanks in advance. Please include setting details when possible to benefit all.

I'm brand new to clubsnap and this is my first attempt at a reply so forgive any errors.. But the best way to sharpen a blurred portrait is to obtain the PS Plug-in FocusFixer from FixerLab Filters - It really works and can rescue all sorts of out of focus shots dependant on the amount of RAM you have. It was being given away free and as far as I know still is. Works like magic :thumbsup: I see previous replyee has mentioned it but you have to experiment with it to believe it. Otherwise I'll have to tell you the advanced sharpening technique using Lab Mode and Find Edge but it would take a while to describe.

stroma said:
I'm brand new to clubsnap and this is my first attempt at a reply so forgive any errors.. But the best way to sharpen a blurred portrait is to obtain the PS Plug-in FocusFixer from FixerLab Filters - It really works and can rescue all sorts of out of focus shots dependant on the amount of RAM you have. It was being given away free and as far as I know still is. Works like magic :thumbsup: I see previous replyee has mentioned it but you have to experiment with it to believe it. Otherwise I'll have to tell you the advanced sharpening technique using Lab Mode and Find Edge but it would take a while to describe.

Well, looks like FocusFixer is not free now. It's US$57 to buy. There's a free trial version but you get a watermark on the image when using this. Anyone has the free earlier version of FocusFixer to share?

bleu said:
Well, looks like FocusFixer is not free now. It's US$57 to buy. There's a free trial version but you get a watermark on the image when using this. Anyone has the free earlier version of FocusFixer to share?

Ive got it on CD somewhere - no watermarks (unless I'm going blind). I'll try and dig it out sometime and post as attachment.. but don't hold your breath!

ydanz said:

if it was motion blur of the subject not handshake, then leave it... that would be natural...

unsharp mask can make the edges sharper but not motion blur...

Try www.ttdown.com. It's a chinese website that has all sort of 'free' softwares. Enough said. You will need to enter 'focusfixer' in the search box. Now you didn't hear about this website from me... :nono:

Status
Not open for further replies.