how bad is a 28-200 lens?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Paul_Yeo

Feb 27, 2004
Sengkang
www.boo.sg
i know that 28-200 is not recommended ...but i am wondering if it is really that bad?

i am planning to get one for overseas trip as dun want to bring 2 lens.... lazy bum i am ....

they could actually be quite good when stepped down. focussing is not fast but adequate. I have the Tamron 28-200 XR which gives pretty good colors.

actually, i am only looking for a normal (not expensive) 28-200. not those 2.8 one...

is it possible to get it around S$300 for a reasonably acceptable one loh at CP.

it is decent enuf lah, like mpenza said. i've got a 2nd-hand tamron 28-200mm (bought from ah meng), and the shots are not bad. think if u really want one, have a look at buy/sell. every now and then, there are the upgraders throwing out their 28-200mm.

if u going on holiday, this lens does save u a lot of lens to bring along! i left some of my lens behind when i went to msia with this lens. ;)

Paul_Yeo said:
actually, i am only looking for a normal (not expensive) 28-200. not those 2.8 one...

is it possible to get it around S$300 for a reasonably acceptable one loh at CP.

The Normal ones will cost around $400++ ..... the expensive ones, like the Canon 28-300 DC will cost about $4000++ ;P......

Canon also has a 28-200 mm too. More of an entry level lens and it's quite good. I like it.

Cheers,

why not go for 28-300 superzooms if you already got to compromise on quality.

*I'm wondering why myself, they are so small and light, it might be good as a streetshooter ..)

not too bad if u know how to use it

Status
Not open for further replies.