How are the charges like for processing of photos

spectralizer

May 4, 2010
Singapore
www.areyouphotogenic.net
Hi,

I see there's market for helping photographers to process their photo at a project basis.

Would like to go into this market, but I'm wondering what's the charges like?

Would like to request for the rough rates of how much people in this field are charging, both per project basis and also if u charge by per photo basis.

Thanks

There are already many people offering these services in the photographic services section. Plus there's the really cheap options from India.

Why are you asking how much other people is paying and not working out your own cost?
than how do you know your charge will be profitable for you to sit in front computer 16 hours per day to do all these stuff?

and after deduct all your cost and earn $50 per project is also consider profit, but does it worth it for you?

btw, there are better options from India.

International it's dirt cheap. Think in terms of US$10 per hour and in 3 hours you need to handle 4000 images. Weeding out NG, do basic exposure/color/contrast no face retouching. But then as what have been told you get what you pay for some time it real **** stuff some times its really good. Most of the service providers are from low living cost countries hey Singapore is really up there in terms of cost of living. As said by other people work out your costs first - time is money, computer wear n tear is money, pub bills is money. If it was soo good money you think every one would be doing it it right ? Google chinese photoshop troll errors - get an eye full of how bad it can get.

Hi,

I see there's market for helping photographers to process their photo at a project basis.

Would like to go into this market, but I'm wondering what's the charges like?

Would like to request for the rough rates of how much people in this field are charging, both per project basis and also if u charge by per photo basis.

Thanks

To be honest, you need to first find out if there is such market exist or sufficient enough to sustain the venture. Secondly, if you think there are enough market, you need to come out with your uniqueness on why these people should consider your service. Then you can find out how much is appropriate to price for this.

I never believe in setting price first without even understand your market.

In business, you need to know very clearly your target market... Without it, there is no way to price it.

I can be very certain that there is enough market to make this as a profitable biz venture if you know how.

I used to be a photo editor for a few photographers in OZ mainly doing interior photography and yes, I do make a decent living working from home at the time. It wasn't common and the market is not very big, it is how you market the service.

I used to charge about $80-$100 per hour editing images for photographer. Not big dollar, but enough to pay my bill if I work 2-3 hours a day 20 days a month.

Good luck.

Regards,

Hart

Last edited: