How and when to pay GST when i order lens > 10K from overseas?

commonjunks

Jul 23, 2009
Jurong
Hi,

I bought this lens from US and it is arriving tomorrow or so (cost > 10k).

Just wanted to check how i would pay GST? Courier service will ask me to pay first before they will release goods or Courier service guy will collect GST?

First time doing this so just though to ask.

Thanks.

Hi,

I bought this lens from US and it is arriving tomorrow or so (cost > 10k).

Just wanted to check how i would pay GST? Courier service will ask me to pay first before they will release goods or Courier service guy will collect GST?

First time doing this so just though to ask.

Thanks.

Courier service guy will collect GST

depending on the courier service used, some will collect a cheque before clearing the goods. Some will pay in advance, then collect from you when delivering. Maybe you can call the provider to ask what is their practice.

If they pay GST in advance, they usually call you before delivery to ensure you have funds prepared when they arrive with your package. Else they will call you to let you know you need to pay before they clear the goods...

Oh, and enjoy your new lens!

Thanks guys (will go to ATM to draw money).
I am waiting and waiting zzzzz, UPS showing goods left from ANCHORAGE AK about 13 + hours ago but not sure if i will get delivery by today.

Thanks guys (will go to ATM to draw money).
I am waiting and waiting zzzzz, UPS showing goods left from ANCHORAGE AK about 13 + hours ago but not sure if i will get delivery by today.
If you got your stuff from B&H, they will indicate delivery date on their invoice. My stuff was delivered on schedule yesterday. UPS :thumbsup:

If you got your stuff from B&H, they will indicate delivery date on their invoice. My stuff was delivered on schedule yesterday. UPS :thumbsup:
B&H mentioned today but when i called UPS, they said tomorrow (B&H mentioned 11/12/2010, maybe their morning our night so UPS will deliver tomorrow).
My items already flew from HongKong @ 16:52.

Last edited:
So rich....when I ordered lens my lens ended up at the custom check at Singpost, being detained until I paid gst lol...

So rich....when I ordered lens my lens ended up at the custom check at Singpost, being detained until I paid gst lol...
Why there was some illegal material used in your lens :bsmilie:.
AH Singpost, mine is coming through UPS. they will collect money from home. Thats the different between Singpost and UPS ;).

Last edited:
I am planning to pick from UPS office, i called earlier and he said they will drop between 9~6. WTH i am not going to sit at home entire day to wait for UPS guys to deliver.