how about a clubsnap's coffee table book ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

sequitur

Apr 17, 2003
flickr.com
wormz777 and some others have suggested threads like "things that make us singaporean".. i'm suggesting we make a book out of a certain theme, and everyone is free to contribute.

of course it's totally meaningless to sorta throw anything around, so a theme suggestion can happen here.

suggest your themes.

as with regard to publisher and such, i don't know how to source, so maybe someone can do it ?

as for contribution of photographs, i think we should work around the idea that shouldn't expect monetary payment out of it. perhaps just satisfaction. or maybe "free advertising" for professional photographers in the book. (i.e. able to leave their contact number, website, so that people interested in their work may contact them)

as for the book, (if there's gonna be one), i suggest that it'd be sold for a profit, and profits should be donated to something like president's charity or something. or at the most, we keep 10% of the profits or something and organise a bash with all the money.

how does this sound ?

perhaps you all can start making your theme contributions.

Why dun you consider working with the mods to set up a special thread here for this idea? You will have to consider the rest of the stuff like contacts, copyrighting, publishing... quite a bit to do but if this coffee table book can materialise before ClubSNAP's next borthday in Jan... hehe hee :)

okay basically i've a few ideas in mind but if nobody is really interested then no point posting also.. will wait a while to see response how lah huh

This is something which we have thought about, and if the members wholehearted support this, we do not see any problem in doing a book.

Obviously the publishing of a book is not a trivial matter and we need a concerted effort and long-term (long = 6-9mths) commitment to see this through.

It would be better to have members spearheading this effort and we can provide some marketing and financial assistance in the initial part.

Sequitur: you can PM me privately to start discussions rather than talk about it online ;)

sequitur said:
wormz777 and some others have suggested threads like "things that make us singaporean".. i'm suggesting we make a book out of a certain theme, and everyone is free to contribute.

of course it's totally meaningless to sorta throw anything around, so a theme suggestion can happen here.

suggest your themes.

as with regard to publisher and such, i don't know how to source, so maybe someone can do it ?

as for contribution of photographs, i think we should work around the idea that shouldn't expect monetary payment out of it. perhaps just satisfaction. or maybe "free advertising" for professional photographers in the book. (i.e. able to leave their contact number, website, so that people interested in their work may contact them)

as for the book, (if there's gonna be one), i suggest that it'd be sold for a profit, and profits should be donated to something like president's charity or something. or at the most, we keep 10% of the profits or something and organise a bash with all the money.

how does this sound ?

perhaps you all can start making your theme contributions.

I'm very interested, i hope be be part of the team as well.

Status
Not open for further replies.