How a7r totally ruin my friend's wedding

Status
Not open for further replies.
wow that was loud...

Perhaps I can give some idea to "cover" it up

I notice there were 2 "fade to black" effects, right after the shutter sounds. Maybe you can take the shutter sound as a "effect" shutter sound and slight adjust the fade to black timing to come in right after the click?
In this way, I might be fooled into believing the shutter sound is actually an effect instead of mistake.

Hope you understand my powderful ingelish hehehe...

Thanks! :thumbsup:

Yea the trend now seem to be in creating more product lines to satisfy all niches in the market rather than a feature packed product... Hard to find a "jack of all trades" kinda camera at a wallet friendly price these days...

so people will get off their lazy behinds and actually learn how to master the strengths and weaknesses of their camera, instead of getting lazy when they have everything.

Yea the trend now seem to be in creating more product lines to satisfy all niches in the market rather than a feature packed product... Hard to find a "jack of all trades" kinda camera at a wallet friendly price these days...
Perfect, you need a camera body for every lens you carry with you. :|

Hi JacePhoto,

Cleaned up your audio for you....
[video=youtube;c9735o_960Q]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=c9735o_960Q[/video]

Reactions: Yamakasi
Wow! Zaren! You are amazing! How did u do that?

Intensive soundbooth work? Haha

haha... Use Audacity or similar sound editor to remove the shutter sounds, no need for intensive sound editing as 99% of the audio remains unchanged :)

haha... Use Audacity or similar sound editor to remove the shutter sounds, no need for intensive sound editing as 99% of the audio remains unchanged :)

Wow! Thanks for sharing !!! Well done!

Now Sony a7r owners won't be barred from weddings anymore! Haha

Possible to change the title of the thread? :D

Hi Jacephoto,

Thank you for sharing your experience.

My wife and I have been doing wedding solemnisation and wedding vids in Melbourne and one thing that we have learned as we go is to use dedicated voice recording with shot-gun mic 100% as the base audio recording. We normally have the shotgun mic on the H4n as the main and if area permits, another audio recording via another recording device. Lapel mic May or May not be suitable.

I shoot photo mainly now with the a99 and there will be instances where slight shutter sound might slightly be audible appear on the recording but not obvious. Thanks to the shotgun mic even with the louder A900, it's still manageable. We do audio masking at times if required to edit away "bad" clicks audio.

wah.. scary to hear that.:sweat:

Hi Jacephoto,

Thank you for sharing your experience.

My wife and I have been doing wedding solemnisation and wedding vids in Melbourne and one thing that we have learned as we go is to use dedicated voice recording with shot-gun mic 100% as the base audio recording. We normally have the shotgun mic on the H4n as the main and if area permits, another audio recording via another recording device. Lapel mic May or May not be suitable.

I shoot photo mainly now with the a99 and there will be instances where slight shutter sound might slightly be audible appear on the recording but not obvious. Thanks to the shotgun mic even with the louder A900, it's still manageable. We do audio masking at times if required to edit away "bad" clicks audio.

Thanks for sharing. Let me know if you are able to try your set up with a Sony a7r and if the audio results are similar or better. :)

This reminds me of the A900 .......the first time I pressed the shutter, I thought the camera was going to fall right apart .............. :)

I would chalk it up to lack of user experience rather than blaming a camera. Made a mistake, learn from it instead of blaming some object. Any other camera with a similar shutter would have done the same thing.

I would chalk it up to lack of user experience rather than blaming a camera. Made a mistake, learn from it instead of blaming some object. Any other camera with a similar shutter would have done the same thing.

Thank you for your suggestion. Must learn from you.

Status
Not open for further replies.