House Warming

Status
Not open for further replies.

seanlim

Oct 28, 2005
NEL
Hey to all, how do i go about shooting a house warming? especially the fact that i do not know any of the people there.I am honoured to have been ask to do a house warming shoot later but have tons to think about...
How many cameras [( DSLR) i have 3] to bring?
How do i exactly slow people down to take the shot?
Which Lens to bring?

Some Facts and figures... the house has a pool, would be expecting about >100 people there.
Deciding to bring my D80,50mm and my 12-24mm nikon.

Any one can help shed soem experiences and what to look out for?

For house shots you'll probably be shooting wides to medium telephoto, and you'll want low light lenses because indoor lighting tends to suck. I'd recommend 2 bodies, one with a 35mm prime mounted, one with a 85mm 1.8 mounted. And maybe the 12-24 for the wide shots.

jus dun shoot ppl w/ their mouth full of food? but i think w/ small kids its fine. i nv shoot such events oso. but i think u should capture owners showing d guests ard, guests having a conversation & stuff.

For house shots you'll probably be shooting wides to medium telephoto, and you'll want low light lenses because indoor lighting tends to suck. I'd recommend 2 bodies, one with a 35mm prime mounted, one with a 85mm 1.8 mounted. And maybe the 12-24 for the wide shots.

:dunno: thinking of D80 hold onto 12-24. D50 hold on to 50mm...
wondering if should bring 90mm macro or 55-105

should bring all if in doubt? :sweatsm:

i oso nv shoot b4, another 1 lense should not weight u down tt much. jus b carefully not to let any food or drinks spill onto ur equipements. :cool:

should bring all if in doubt? :sweatsm:

i oso nv shoot b4, another 1 lense should not weight u down tt much. jus b carefully not to let any food or drinks spill onto ur equipements. :cool:

:confused: now even thinking of bring prosumer

rich, haha.

pass your prosumer to the kids or a trusted person there let him take. sometimes, ppl in the crowd can take shots with better rapport.

rich, haha.

pass your prosumer to the kids or a trusted person there let him take. sometimes, ppl in the crowd can take shots with better rapport.

RICH? i wishhh... and about kids? im only FIFTHTEEN!:bsmilie:

At fifteen, with 3 DSLRs, a complement of lenses and prosumer camera, isn't that well-off? :confused:

:sweat:
At fifteen, with 3 DSLRs, a complement of lenses and prosumer camera, isn't that well-off? :confused:

Haha ok ok lah...just back from the house warming.. Thanks for the inputs to all, and phew..i nearly forgot my SB-800:sweat:

Take just 2 bodies and 3 lens, have fun and shoot.

You are not after award winning shots, but shots of the moments.

Don't get too involved with having to get the "perfect" shots, take time and have fun and just shoot when you can.

I am shure there will be many shots that will bring back the good times to them.

Have fun :)

Ahhhh, your'e back already !

Sorry I was late with my post.

How did it go ? did you have fun ?

Haha it went pretty well!! THANKS!

oh and i only brought two bodies two lens and one flash. pretty reasonable...
hmmm if only i had the 17-35... then :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

oh forgot to mention. I left kinda hungry.. take too many pictures no eat:bsmilie:

looks like 2 hands not enough! looks like u had quite alot of fun while learning from tis experience. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.