House plant

Status
Not open for further replies.

wee_ly

Mar 12, 2004
Singapore
weelyboleh.multiply.com
Anyone into house plants? I mean planting house plant, not photographing house plant. Care to share some tips on how to go about it? I am thinking of learning how to get my fingers green. ;)

Anyone into house plants? I mean planting house plant, not photographing house plant. Care to share some tips on how to go about it? I am thinking of learning how to get my fingers green. ;)

First off... read up about the plants and understand more on the requirements, like amount of light needed, speed of growth and the amount of water required. There are some very basic and simple plants such as the airplant, only need to mist it occasionally.

Thanks for the advice. So, where is a good place to buy or hunt for plants? Since I am a newbie is this arena, I hope to buy from a shop with assistants ready on hand to answer my queries.

Why not try SBG or Hort Park, they have a nursery there and I heard that in SBG, certain day of the month they would actually have some events on plant sales.

in straits times sat's edition, life section, you will be able to find q & a on gardening(local context).

At Thomson Road, near MacRitchie, there are quite a few plant nurseries/shops.

thank you everyone for the kind help. i hope to start from the very basic and hope to document the progress of the growth of my babies from time to time.

hopefully i get to share this interest with CS bros who have green fingers.

Status
Not open for further replies.