House in Botanical Gardens

Status
Not open for further replies.

oneluckyguy

Oct 11, 2009
4041613886_6383058a83_m.jpg

Hi this is my first critique request, so please forgive me if my writeup is lacking. Also, I can't figure out why my picture is so small. Any tips on how to do this from Flickr helps =)

1. in what area is critique to be sought?
I'm a noob, so any area of critique of which I can improve upon is welcome.

2. what one hopes to achieve with the piece of work?
I tried to give people the feeling of walking out of the wilderness to find a lone house over the hill.

3. under what circumstance is the picture taken? (physical conditions/emotions)
I had to take several shots of this to get it right. It was a very bright saturday morning, but I was in the shade. I eventually had to crop the photo to improve the composition.

4. what the critique seeker personally thinks of the picture
Hmm, if some of the smaller trees weren't there, it might've improved the focus of the house. The colour could use some work too, but I didn't want to photoshop it too much.

i see a mess of leaves, something oof, and a faint looking house.

what are you trying to show here, exactly?

sorry =( I'll try to post up a bigger photo, I'm still trying to figure out Flikr.

I agree about the leaves. Like I said in my writeup, I didn't like the fact that there were so many small trees around.

As mentioned in my writeup, I'm trying to show a scene where someone is walking out of the wilderness to find a house.

The out-of-focus object is a tree bark.

4041613886_6383058a83_m.jpg

Also, I can't figure out why my picture is so small. Any tips on how to do this from Flickr helps =)

Hmm, after uploading your picture in Flickr, click on it so that you only have one image on your Flickr page. Right click on it and copy image location/URL. Can't help but notice that you have '_m' at the end of your filename which should not be there if you have copied the right (full-sized) image's URL.

Now back to C&C, I think you should work on better framing of the house. I mean you should move around until you find leaves/foliage that can form a nice 'border' around the house (your main subject) and the foliage should be thick enough to cover up the uninteresting green grass in front of the house. If you look at your current picture, the trees/leaves in the foreground are scattered all around, making the picture look messy.

The house is overexposed too.

If you can fix all the above, it should improve your pictures substantially.

thanks wkteoh, that was really helpful =)

framing is very off the mark.. i think i know what you r trying to do.
maybe you should try finding enough foliage to frame your entire picture..not sporadic clumps of leaves here and there.

and if ur subject is the house, expose for the house(not literally). currently ur exposure is neither here nor there.

Thanks for the comments. I've really learnt afew things here. Hope to give you a better photo next time.

Status
Not open for further replies.