Hotels to stay in Singapore

Status
Not open for further replies.

Flintstone

Mar 9, 2005
Kota Kemuning, Malaysia
Hi! I'm thinking of visiting Singapore during March. Which budget to mid-priced hotels preferably in the town do you recommend ?

wats your budget? the most affordable hotel is geylang area which is the red light district area. how bout backpacker areas??

I don't have a budget yet. Maybe between SGD120 to SGD160 but I plan to stay for 2 nights with my wife and kid. Any plan suitable in the city area?

for ur budget, i can recommend Excelsior Hotel, its claimed to be four stars. their prices start from SGD160.
Concorde Hotel Singapore,four star. prices starts from 162..
Fort Canning Lodge, 3 star, starts from 142
and this one is a special one, its a boutique hotel. kinda funky. Hotel 1929, prices from 160.

there's a lot of cheap hotels along the stretch of Bencoolen street. Cheap, not bad and city area

hotel 81 at chinatown or bencoolen.
cheap, good, safe and centralised.

Hotel 1929 only if you don't mind squeezing. The $160 is for superior double, and most of the superior double rooms there are tiny. Husband + wife possible. + kid somemore... maybe best to see the actual room before you book. On the other hand, they got really nice designer chairs there.

An acquaintance of mine from KL said he enjoyed his stay at the New 7th Storey Hotel (which actually has nine floors). It's is a fairly centrally located old hotel (the last hotel in Singapore to have a manually-operated lift that they claim has never broken down) with lots of interesting history & good views of the surrounding locality.

Have you heard about www.couchsurfing.com Register yourself and you will be able to stay with local people for free, not only in singapore, but in the whole world...

I myself stayed 4 night with 2 different family when we went to New Zealand last year, and will be doing the same thing later this year in Europe...

Or you can check: www.hotelclub.com if you prefer to stay in a hotel.

my Two Cents.

V

the last i tried to get hotel room in singapore for a friend last month, mostly were quoting >$200 SGD per night without b'fast and "rooms runing out fast."

Dont ever stay at hotel 81 chain hotels. They are pay per hour hotels that cater to ladies of the night or people going for one night stands. Unless you want to hear the groans and moans of your neighbours, dont ever stay there.

Try 1929, Scarlett, Gallery Hotel.

tat's for geylang district lah.
the ones inthe city, bencoolen, bugis and chinatown are alrtiex.

Status
Not open for further replies.