Hotels in Kota Kinabalu

Status
Not open for further replies.

hope107fm

Feb 9, 2008
Bedok, Singapore, Singapore
Any good, clean hotel to recommend in Kota Kinabalu, say at least 4-star? I know I can google for the info (and I have) but I would like to hear from CS members who have actually stayed in a KK hotel. Nothing like hearing it from the horses' mouth. My intention is also to visit Mt Kinabalu.

Thanks for browsing!

Any good, clean hotel to recommend in Kota Kinabalu, say at least 4-star? I know I can google for the info (and I have) but I would like to hear from CS members who have actually stayed in a KK hotel. Nothing like hearing it from the horses' mouth. My intention is also to visit Mt Kinabalu.

Thanks for browsing!

I have stayed in the following hotels:

Promenade Hotel (4-star)
Hyatt Hotel (5-star)
Sutera Harbour Resort (5-star)

There are also others like:

Le Meridien (5-star) - newest
Shangri-La Tanjong Aru (5-star)
Dynasty Hotel (4-star)

Stayed in Promenade about 10 times and the hotel is quite popular with Malaysians and Singaporeans. Although a bit old, it was in the town area and the service is pretty good. Hyatt Hotel is an old hotel badly in need of an upgrading. Service-wise is not as good as Promenade. Sutera Harbour Resort consists of Pacific Sutera and Magellan Sutera and have its own golf course right infront and a marina at the back of the hotel. Beautiful and very good service too. Le Meridien is the newest hotel there and I almost stayed there last Nov had it not been for some screw up in the booking.

i have been to Mt KK twice. the last trip, we spent the 1st nite at Dynasty Hotel, but checked out the next morning to youth hostel. those hostels are available everywhere in KK city, prices are cheap, clean rooms with hot showers, free internet / breakfast & most importantly safe. u need to key-in a code to gain access to the hostel,, so i guess this is very safe.

www.akinabaluyh.com
www.northborneocabin.com

u can also get them to arrange for airport pickup.

i have been to Mt KK twice. the last trip, we spent the 1st nite at Dynasty Hotel, but checked out the next morning to youth hostel. those hostels are available everywhere in KK city, prices are cheap, clean rooms with hot showers, free internet / breakfast & most importantly safe. u need to key-in a code to gain access to the hostel,, so i guess this is very safe.

www.akinabaluyh.com
www.northborneocabin.com

u can also get them to arrange for airport pickup.

And would u like to climb mt kk for the 3rd time? Might be organising 1 for the march shutdown. ;p

Status
Not open for further replies.