hotel for photoshoot

Status
Not open for further replies.

Malakite

Jul 3, 2004
Singapore
hey guys, i was thinkin of holding a photoshoot in a hotel room, problem is, i'm not too sure which hotels have the nicest rooms or suites, been checkin online and all, but most of the web sites don't really show much, lookin for a rich opulent feels, luch carpets and the such, hopefully in singapore . you guys know of any?

Ritz Carlton definitely has one of the best bathrooms of all the Singapore hotels! Not sure if they still have promo room rates for locals for weekends.

hmmm ritz... might try that one out.. the other hotel, 1929, well it seems abt too modern, hoping for like lush decadence... will trawl the net fer more sigh

Scarlet Hotel and Gallery Hotel are quite interesting choices.

Yeah, Scarlet Hotel seems "decadent"

If you are bringing your own lights and strobe, might be advisable to tell the counter that you are doing a photo shoot because of the power loading, fire hazard and stuff. Though I never had any problems with the hotels on some shoots I have done.

ady said:
Yeah, Scarlet Hotel seems "decadent"
Scarlet is very nice, but you must book one of the suite. The rooms are tiny. You will be shooting with a wide angle all day.

Might as well try raffles hotel suite. :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

thoa_rs said:
Scarlet Hotel and Gallery Hotel are quite interesting choices.
Agrees, Scarlet Hotel and Gallery Hotel are very nice. But if you dun care about the budget, Four Season Hotel would be another good choice, as the interior design are really cozy....

New Majestic, Changi Village Hotel and Albert Court :)

Hi, any of you all done shooting in Hotel 1929 or New Majestic Hotel before?

I wonder how is the room environment and spacing? I am planning to have a sexy erotic shooting inside some boutique hotel room, but have not decided which hotel to go, if any of you have done anything similar, do share your opinion, and if possible, can share some photos done in these hotels? so that I know what to expect.

Other suitable hotels are welcome as well, as long as it doesn't burst my wallet.

Many thanx in advance.

No one can help?

Hotel1929, most rooms are very small, the only good room is the one on the top floor with rooftop open-air bathtub. And if u ask the hotel manager nicely, they may allow u to shoot around the hotel corridor, staircase, pool area, etc.

the New Majestic is nice. Just dont get the mirrow room, you will be in every shot.

Astin, you are talking about th large suite at 1929 right?

Called Scarlet, 1929 and New Majestic last night, basically they want me to talk to their sales person to arrange for the photoshoot..... hopefully they dun charge me too high price.... else I may not be able to complete my shoot.....

interesting.... checked scarlet's web site, looks like a good idea, now i only need to go and see for myself, considering that website doesn't show the full scale of the rooms.... hmmm

Malakite said:
interesting.... checked scarlet's web site, looks like a good idea, now i only need to go and see for myself, considering that website doesn't show the full scale of the rooms.... hmmm
Scarlet's rooms quite small unless u get the suite which is like almost $300 or more per night. It has got a small living room area and the room, of cos the balcony and bathroom :)

Hi Jas, I just talked to the sales person of Scarlet, apparently they wanted to charge me the walk in rate of S$550 ~ S$800 per night, depending on which suite.... :(

That was expensive, and imagine I only need a couple of hours for the shooting only....

When you did shots there, did you get the room for a night or by hours? and they charge you S$300 for the suite? May I know which suite did you take?

I am actually looking at the Suite Lavish and Suite Splendour, now still negotiating with them to get a hourly rates.....

Hotel New Majestic is charging me a S$300+++ just for shooting there, and that amount exclude room rates.....

Again, negotiating with them to waive the S$300+++ shooting fees, any of you shot in New Majestic before? How come they are charging shooting fees?

Status
Not open for further replies.