Hot rumor! Nikon bought Samsung NX mirrorless tech!

Dfive

Nov 20, 2008
Singapore lah....
www.clubsnap.com
Hot rumor! Nikon bought Samsung NX mirrorless tech!

$nikonsamsung.jpg

http://www.mirrorlessrumors.com/hot-rumor-nikon-bought-samsung-nx-mirrorless-tech/

http://petapixel.com/2015/12/02/nikon-acquired-samsungs-camera-tech-report-says/

http://www.cnet.com/news/rumors-say-nikons-acquiring-samsung-camera-tech-we-say-win-win-opinion/

Interesting times... If true.... JAN 2016 will be official... IF NOT a rumour. ;)

Mockup.. lol

$nikonnxhead.jpg

Last edited:
Nikosung ......Ni-kosong

The start of a beautiful relationship.

Last edited:
Powerful supports those Nikon needs for future digital imaging business.
Sensor supply & video capabilities...

Hopefully can still use back current FX lens ...

Denied "officially" by Samsung.

Hopefully Nikon redesign the Samsung mirrorless mount to be able to mount their DX/FX lens.

Don't be like Sony to have 2 kind of len mount system.

Hopefully Nikon redesign the Samsung mirrorless mount to be able to mount their DX/FX lens.

Support your idea ...

Denied "officially" by Samsung.

...so Samsung bought over Nikon or maybe a joint venture ...... no smoke without fire you know....

You can't run away from the basics physics of DSLR design lens and mirrorless design lens.

A-mount (DSLR) have a longer flange distance (distance from lens to sensor), while FE/E-mount (mirrorless) have a shorter flange distance design lens. The good news is that adapters are usually easy to produce.

If nikon makes a full frame mirrorless with mirrorless lens, you will always have to have a different mount since flange distance changes.

There's no 'mount design' here, just flange distance.

Still an adapter need - that is physics I know. But Nikon can alway built in this onto their mirrorless cam so that they don't need to come out a whole new series of new mount lens.

Sent from my SM-N910G using Tapatalk

Still an adapter need - that is physics I know. But Nikon can alway built in this onto their mirrorless cam so that they don't need to come out a whole new series of new mount lens.

Sent from my SM-N910G using Tapatalk

Then your mirrorless cam will be bulky still. (i.e. same thickness as a DSLR)

I much prefer Sony's method.. coz it provides a 'transition' for people to use their DSLR lens still, till the mirrorless catches up.

I still mount my nikon lens on my Nikon 1 (V2/J5) via the FT1 adapter :) So maybe they should just expand their Nikon 1 to APSC/FF !

Nikon is a Japanese company, samsung is a korean company

This alone is a huge stumbling block, the most i guess is that Nikon may use samsung sensors

Samsung is a huge company, the camera division is only a small part of it

You have to try the Nx1 and Nx500 to know how good their sensor is and the lenses are :thumbsup: . :)

...so Samsung bought over Nikon

I was entertaining this possibility when I first saw the news on Nikon rumours. Either way I hope we see a change of management :)