Hot Pixels

Status
Not open for further replies.

hong

Feb 4, 2002
Visit site
Say if you take 10 photos of 20secs exposure continously, will the last photo got more hot pixel than the first one??

Originally posted by hong
Say if you take 10 photos of 20secs exposure continously, will the last photo got more hot pixel than the first one??

yes and no...

yes as in that the CCD will get hotter with usage...so the last one should have more hotpixels than the first.

no as in that the first pic is already at 20sec....hotpixels might have been saturated already! so last pic and first pic equally bad....

haha just my guesses :D

what if you turn on your camera WITHOUT taking any picture....will the CCD temperature increase and result in hotpixel?

take an extreme example...u turn on your DC and take 30min to compose a picture (the DC is on continuously), let's say the pic is just 1/60s exposure, will the very first picture have hot pixel??

another example, u are walking under the hot sun, the camera is off, but the camera is heated up by the surrounding...then u turn on your DC and take a shot normally (short exposure too) will the picture have hot pixel becos the CCD already heated up by the surrounding??

does DC have any cooling mechanism?

Originally posted by kamwai
what if you turn on your camera WITHOUT taking any picture....will the CCD temperature increase and result in hotpixel?

take an extreme example...u turn on your DC and take 30min to compose a picture (the DC is on continuously), let's say the pic is just 1/60s exposure, will the very first picture have hot pixel??

another example, u are walking under the hot sun, the camera is off, but the camera is heated up by the surrounding...then u turn on your DC and take a shot normally (short exposure too) will the picture have hot pixel becos the CCD already heated up by the surrounding??

does DC have any cooling mechanism?

DCs are mostly air-cooled.

Originally posted by Jayan

yes.

if the camera got NR, will the first theory still stands?? taking first pic and the 20th pic no different becoz of NR??

if the camera got NR, will the first theory still stands?? taking first pic and the 20th pic no different becoz of NR??

Most NR in DCs uses a black frame subtraction algorithm......so technically the NR will solve the hot pixel problem regardless of the duration the DC is on.

In practice, sorrie, can't tell cos never tried this b4.

eh... i notice that i get green vertical lines on my LCD sometimes... anyone knows why? THe shots are fine... like... especially when there's bright backlighting.

Me using C3040z

thinks that's lens flare, should be ok, it will not come out in the photographs :)

thinks that's lens flare, should be ok, it will not come out in the photographs :)

who says that lens flare will not appear in the photograph

http://forums.clubsnap.org/showthread.php?s=&threadid=2517

btw, the white light i believe is lens flare..

but look at the green light at the top left hand corner...i really dunno what is that

Originally posted by kamwai

anyone know the answer for the above?

just send in your camera for repiar :)

Status
Not open for further replies.