hosting and watermarking

Status
Not open for further replies.

boogienight

Jan 10, 2008
Eastern SG
Hi all.

would like to set up my own gallery cum portfolio website so as to start up a part time career for photography.

would like to know how you get websites to host? more like professionals kind (as in not like putting pictures on blogspots or flickr etc.)

also.. how to you add watermarks for your work? i recently started using PS so not too clear how to add watermarks through there.

thanks!

if you want a domain name.. try SGNIC http://www.nic.net.sg
hosting .. for good one.. can try www.webvisions.com.. there also also plenty of cheaper ones.. just flip the papers and you will find.

There are many ways to create watermarks in PS.. what i did is to have a text layer with my name in a nice font in white color at the bottom right and settings the opacity to 40%. A quicker way to do it is to explore using Actions to record the watermarking steps. So everytime you want to add a watermark, just run that action. You can also do batch watermarkings using Action.

hey thanks for the website links!

hmmm may i know what you mean by explore with Actions?

U can create an Action (say SIGNATURE) and record the process of making the border for your picture, the copyright sign and your signature etc in Photoshop and just do a batch processing for all the photos you want to have the signature (at the same spot/size or otherwise).

Do a search online or go through the Digital Darkroom section of Clubsnap for more details.

Status
Not open for further replies.