Hospital Choice for Delivery

Hospital Choice for Delivery

Results are only viewable after voting.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi All,

Have two options for delivery, which one is preferred? Mt Alvernia or Thomson Medical. Pls give your feedback.. Thank you.. :D

I definitely won't vote TMC based on my personal experience. But since I did not use with MA I cannot vote the for MA either.

Why not TMC?

My wife started with contraction at about 5am at home. When we reach TMC at 6am, no one was at the counter. about 15mins finally some staff came around and wife was then brought inside the waiting ward (forgot the proper name, but not the same as labour ward where the baby is deliivered). I spent the next 45mins to register for my wife (because lack of staff, the NETS/Credit card machine was not working and the nurse did not know how to fix it apart from keep trying and jiggle the cables). It was SLOW and I left my wife alone for almost one hour.

Our gynae turned up at about 9am - 9.30am and gave some advises.

Between 9am and 3pm, occasionally a nurse will pop in and see if there is anything my wife needs and check the graph (for the contraction timing etc) and the Epidural.

All ok until here.

The Epidural ran out about 1hr to 30mins before the delivery. The nurse suggest not to refill it so that my wife can feel the baby better.

The nurse told us there are several babies arrival at the same time (3pm) and during the last 30mins of my wife's labour, all went to the other wards to help out the deliver leaving us to handle the labour alone. The wife was tired and feeling the pain of the contractions, and was telling me she was giving up! I have to rush out at that moment, leaving my wife alone again, to find a nurse to help calm her done and make sure everything is ok until the gynae arrives.

Gynae later came and delivered the baby, and everything was ok then (except the queue of babies for the weighing machine and measurements).

The nurses whom looked after my wife _after_ the deliver and the baby were great (yes they are caring and you can see they genuinely love to look after the babies).

The checkout was a breeze (well, just pay the bill, otherwise no delay unless you expect a dispute) despite the waiting time was a little long (Monday morning).

Overall I find there are good and very bad points about TMC. I actually sent in my feedback on the lack of staff and lack of attention during the most critical moment of the delivery but there was no response from TMC at all. This adds to my disappointing on their handling of the issue.

For myself, I would try another hospital next time.

1)Mount A.After visiting your wife you can go Macritchie to shoot sunset or macro.
2)Nurses are friendly.My neice was born there 2mth back.
3)It's upgraded so it looks alot better than last time.
4)Price
The first reason is enough to make you choose Mount E

Can shoot the friendly nurses at MacRitchie?

I definitely won't vote TMC based on my personal experience. But since I did not use with MA I cannot vote the for MA either.

Why not TMC?

My wife started with contraction at about 5am at home. When we reach TMC at 6am, no one was at the counter. about 15mins finally some staff came around and wife was then brought inside the waiting ward (forgot the proper name, but not the same as labour ward where the baby is deliivered). I spent the next 45mins to register for my wife (because lack of staff, the NETS/Credit card machine was not working and the nurse did not know how to fix it apart from keep trying and jiggle the cables). It was SLOW and I left my wife alone for almost one hour.

Our gynae turned up at about 9am - 9.30am and gave some advises.

Between 9am and 3pm, occasionally a nurse will pop in and see if there is anything my wife needs and check the graph (for the contraction timing etc) and the Epidural.

All ok until here.

The Epidural ran out about 1hr to 30mins before the delivery. The nurse suggest not to refill it so that my wife can feel the baby better.

The nurse told us there are several babies arrival at the same time (3pm) and during the last 30mins of my wife's labour, all went to the other wards to help out the deliver leaving us to handle the labour alone. The wife was tired and feeling the pain of the contractions, and was telling me she was giving up! I have to rush out at that moment, leaving my wife alone again, to find a nurse to help calm her done and make sure everything is ok until the gynae arrives.

Gynae later came and delivered the baby, and everything was ok then (except the queue of babies for the weighing machine and measurements).

The nurses whom looked after my wife _after_ the deliver and the baby were great (yes they are caring and you can see they genuinely love to look after the babies).

The checkout was a breeze (well, just pay the bill, otherwise no delay unless you expect a dispute) despite the waiting time was a little long (Monday morning).

Overall I find there are good and very bad points about TMC. I actually sent in my feedback on the lack of staff and lack of attention during the most critical moment of the delivery but there was no response from TMC at all. This adds to my disappointing on their handling of the issue.

For myself, I would try another hospital next time.

Sorry to hear that... didn't expect the service to be so bad or maybe is just plain bad luck? Glad that your wife was ok.

To be honest with you, my wife had a contraction last month and I sent her to hospital (not disclosing which one). My wife was not pleased with the hospital treatment especially during her stay in labor ward. The nurse just wiped away the gel using the blanket instead of using tissue paper! The nurses didn't know how to operate the medical equipment; it took other nurses to teach them.:rolleyes: Not just one times but more than 3 times.. :sweat: Other thing I saw a tiny coach (or insect) crawling in labor ward. After my wife was stable, she was transferred to normal ward. To my disgust, I found specks of dust on the phone and cupboard! I gave some suggestions of cleanliness on the feedback form during our departure. Good grace! But funny thing is....I still choose that hospital for convenience sake... :eek::bsmilie:

TMC - wife gave birth there, and I liked the place.:)

Sorry to hear that... didn't expect the service to be so bad or maybe is just plain bad luck? Glad that your wife was ok.

To be honest with you, my wife had a contraction last month and I sent her to hospital (not disclosing which one). My wife was not pleased with the hospital treatment especially during her stay in labor ward. The nurse just wiped away the gel using the blanket instead of using tissue paper! The nurses didn't know how to operate the medical equipment; it took other nurses to teach them.:rolleyes: Not just one times but more than 3 times.. :sweat: Other thing I saw a tiny coach (or insect) crawling in labor ward. After my wife was stable, she was transferred to normal ward. To my disgust, I found specks of dust on the phone and cupboard! I gave some suggestions of cleanliness on the feedback form during our departure. Good grace! But funny thing is....I still choose that hospital for convenience sake... :eek::bsmilie:

Think you and your wife had a worse experience than mine. My case could be contributed to the unusual case of multiple babies arrival at the same time. But for yours, coach, unfamiliar with equipment, dirty ward etc are simply not acceptable.

Oh, parking at TMC is usually troublesome (at least at my time, heard it has not improved yet) as usually its valet parking at nearest HDB carpark which you have to wait for shuttle bus to get your car when you leave TMC. I was lucky to park on site for a handful of times.

Think you and your wife had a worse experience than mine. My case could be contributed to the unusual case of multiple babies arrival at the same time. But for yours, coach, unfamiliar with equipment, dirty ward etc are simply not acceptable.

Oh, parking at TMC is usually troublesome (at least at my time, heard it has not improved yet) as usually its valet parking at nearest HDB carpark which you have to wait for shuttle bus to get your car when you leave TMC. I was lucky to park on site for a handful of times.

Haha not really.. we decided to give the hospital a chance due to vicinity. I am not sure whether I should reconsider the decision since the labor is still two months ahead....:think:

Last edited:
TMC - wife gave birth there, and I liked the place.:)

Hmmm... any special reasons liking the place like cleanliness, friendly staffs etc? ;)

I choose Thomon medical 3 times coz my parents stay around that area. Easier for them to visit after delivery.

Since 1st one is there, 2nd and 3rd also follows.

Choose one that has

freedelivery.jpg

is it true that if delivered on aeroplane will have lifetime free air travels?

You should be discussing this with your wife's gynaecologist as he/she would be in the best opinion.From my experience,they usually recommend one that's in close proximity to their respective practise.

I only hv 1 child and is borned in Mt A. So not enuf statistic to compare both...however, the reason I choose Mt A was part of the fee the hospital charge will be donated to help the 3rd world country and it make me feel good doing so.

You should be discussing this with your wife's gynaecologist as he/she would be in the best opinion.From my experience,they usually recommend one that's in close proximity to their respective practise.

agreed. My daughter was born in East Shore hospital as it's close to the gynae's clinic.
Love the hospital's environment, small and less crowded with good service.

Maybe not within your list.
KK, my first kid was born there and now second also going to be delivered there ;).

Despite looking at all the negative/ positive comments on some Hospital, it is better to ask your Gynae since they are more experience and certain Gynae is attach to the hospital. Mine is attached to TMC. I have no issue to anything because I understand the way they work.

I suggest you to look at Singapore Motherhood Forum with your wife. Better still, go for hospital tour and see for urself. More comments make you more worry. Importantly, to your own comfort.

I took TMC single ward and yes, like hotel, even with the food. =) thats all i can say. The rest is up to you.

Mount E is very good - doctors and nurses very professional and experience. Better than Mount A or TMC. Only bad thing is something your choice for single beds are limited.

Status
Not open for further replies.