Horrible this shop !

Status
Not open for further replies.

noobiedoo

Jan 24, 2008
Was walking around today and happened to pop by Funan Center . Been wanting to get one of those Lambency diffusers and popped by a couple of shops but they did not stock them . Finally went to AXXX PXXXX and was served by a very disinterested salesperson , he took out one and I was almost floored when he quoted me $70SGD for a third party one !!! Promptly said no thank you and went over to Excelsior and got the exact same one at SG Camera Store for only $19 bucks !!!

Shame on the people at AP ! Is this how you conduct your business ? For sure , this is one place that I will never go back to !

Anyone have a similar experience ?

a salesman from SLS tried to sell me a Sony camera pouch for $200 when it cost about $50 from the Sony shop...
that was when digicams were still quite new to the public.. (Sony P1)

it really pays to know the prices before going shopping...

A**N P***** are always on and off ..

Actually the price there is always far more exp than the one at SL. Why is tat so ar? Rental too high ar?? Crop customer like carrot

This is so sad , imagine newbies going there and kena carrot . If its a few dollars more I am ok with that , but 3 times more !!!!????

i bet the uncle who served you is the tall one with mustache... i always buy my camera things from A P funan and i always get the best deal, depends on who you know...;)

Mustache or no mustache , the prices should at least be reasonable ...

Why afraid to spell Alan Photo if the salesman gave you bad service.

Same story lah.Everyone in Sing desperate for money. In wet market, asked lady of stall how much is the small packet of chili padi. She says $1.

Did not buy.

Went about 10 feet away to another stall. Bought chili padi. Price is 50 cents. The amount of chili padi was 5 times more than the other stall. The other stall charged 10 times as much for the same thing.

I like AXXX PXXXX cos I know the big boss and he give me good deals.

LOL :) , wish I know Canon boss , then I can also get good discount :)

Few months ago, I bought JYC 49mm multi coated UV slim from Alan Photo for $45. After I checked the price on ebay, actually the price should be < $20. So I went back to Alan Photo few weeks after that and asked for the same UV filter for my other lens. They asked me, "how much did we quote you last time?". I said $15. They said ok. I paid to the cashier and went home. I even bring my newbie friend to shop at Alan Photo. As long as you know the price, you don't need to be afraid to buy items from Alan Photo. I took my bad experience as a good lesson for me.

Walked in Alan Photo Funan before to ask about Optech strap, the guy jus took a few and throw on the counter. Ask him questions also give half-hearted reply and don't even look at you. He moved on to serve another customer, wanted to ask him about another strap he just waved me away.

I will never walk in there again, TK foto and SLR-R give much better service. Alan Photo is just:thumbsd:

TS, good thing you did not get the item from AP. :sweat:
Anyway, I only bought one item (SB600) from AP before, which I found was cheapest among other shops then. So far, get most of my things nowadays at CP and TK.

I like AXXX PXXXX cos I know the big boss and he give me good deals.

I know one of the salesman in AP @ SLS, and CP's Kelvin, was looking to get a 500D, AP quoted me a $100 more than CP. :dunno:

Why afraid to spell Alan Photo if the salesman gave you bad service.

To cover his behind.

Until TS says "alan photo", people in this thread will flame that shop even though TS did not explicitly say that he is targetting them and take no responsibility. Which is gutless.

Shame on the people at AP ! Is this how you conduct your business ? For sure , this is one place that I will never go back to !

Anyone have a similar experience ?

I do not support AP.

But TS, you have no right to lambast people's business tactics. If the price does not meet your expectations then walk away. You don't have to kick up a fuss. If you have done your homework and think the price is too high, then walk away.

I do not support AP.

But TS, you have no right to lambast people's business tactics. If the price does not meet your expectations then walk away. You don't have to kick up a fuss. If you have done your homework and think the price is too high, then walk away.

Why not? This is a forum and the TS can voice out his experience. In a way this will help warn others about their ridiculous pricing. I find no problems with that

I know one of the salesman in AP @ SLS, and CP's Kelvin, was looking to get a 500D, AP quoted me a $100 more than CP. :dunno:

u know the salesman but you dont know the boss.

for me, usually i do entertaining with camera boss, especially going for a golf session or a track session in Sepang.

I try to keep my relationship as good as possible so I can get good prices and tell everyone, " haha noob ! I pay cheaper than you ! haha"

Why not? This is a forum and the TS can voice out his experience. In a way this will help warn others about their ridiculous pricing. I find no problems with that

"Shame on the people at AP", "Is this how you conduct your business"

I don't think this helps to "warn" others as much as it is just ranting. Also, TS has not named the camera shop. How does that warn anybody?

Walked in Alan Photo Funan before to ask about Optech strap, the guy jus took a few and throw on the counter. Ask him questions also give half-hearted reply and don't even look at you. He moved on to serve another customer, wanted to ask him about another strap he just waved me away.

I will never walk in there again, TK foto and SLR-R give much better service. Alan Photo is just:thumbsd:

Maybe the other customer carry a Leica camera :bsmilie::bsmilie::bsmilie:

Status
Not open for further replies.