Horrible Singpost Courier Service

Status
Not open for further replies.

NE clicks clicks

Dec 5, 2005
To all Canon User, advice you to consider Canon Service Center offer for free delivery (thru Singpost) with care.

Send my A70 for repair due to CCD problem. First of all , have to comment that Canon provide great service by offering to repair and deliver the camera back to me FOC.
Took up their offer without hesitation.

Camera was repair in 5 days :thumbsup:

Thats where the nightmare starts.... Singpost called and the date and time were agreed upon.Also promise me that they will call before delivering.

On my day off, waited from 9am to 1pm for my camera's return. No phone call came, no camera return, no courier man in sight:thumbsd: :angry:

Called Singpost hotline from 12:31pm to 4:00pm without getting thru.(always the message, our customer service officer are busy at the moment, please con't to hold....) :angry:
When I finally get thru at 4:10pm, was transfer to another courier service hotline and waited for 15mins without being spoken to. Gave up I hung up ang called the Customer hotline again! This time I managed to speak to the Planning officer only after I warn them not to put me on another hotline again.

Guess what ? The courier man took my camera out for a ride, ran out off time and sent it back to the Singpost HQ without informing anyone!!!:angry: I only get to know this only after I questioned the Planning officer and she went investigating into it.

Still got the cheek to ask me to go home and wait for them to make another delivery in the evening after I had told her that I left the house in frustration.

After shouting, scolding and threatening to write to the press, before I got to speak to their AM. Their AM promise to take personal care of it and deliver it to me within an hour at the time of my preference before the whole issue was settled.

Till today, I still have not find the time for them to return it to me. Sigh......

Imagine its not a small camera like my A70 but your Eos1ds MKII or EF70-200f/2.8L lens was involved instead....

well, what can we say ?

they dropped our buddy L lens once ..... so, we are not surprised :bigeyes:

NE clicks clicks said:
To all Canon User, advice you to consider Canon Service Center offer for free delivery (thru Singpost) with care.

Send my A70 for repair due to CCD problem. First of all , have to comment that Canon provide great service by offering to repair and deliver the camera back to me FOC.
Took up their offer without hesitation.

Camera was repair in 5 days :thumbsup:

Thats where the nightmare starts.... Singpost called and the date and time were agreed upon.Also promise me that they will call before delivering.

On my day off, waited from 9am to 1pm for my camera's return. No phone call came, no camera return, no courier man in sight:thumbsd: :angry:

Called Singpost hotline from 12:31pm to 4:00pm without getting thru.(always the message, our customer service officer are busy at the moment, please con't to hold....) :angry:
When I filally get thru at 4:10pm, was transfer to another courier service hotline and waited for 15mins without being spoken to. Gave up I hung up ang called the Customer hotline again! This time I managed to speak to the Planning officer only after I warn them not to put me on another hotline again.

Guess what ? The courier man took my camera out for a ride, ran out off time and sent it back to the Singpost HQ without informing anyone!!!:angry: I only get to know this only after I questioned the Planning officer and she went investigating into it.

Still got the cheek to ask me that to go home and wait for them to make another delivery after I had told her that I left the house in frustration

You mean he used your DC??

jeffhiew said:
You mean he used your DC??
i think he meant the A70 went round the island trip and back to singpost without going to his house.

Drudkh said:
i think he meant the A70 went round the island trip and back to singpost without going to his house.

Yup, thats right! Guess what would have happen if I have not reacted immediately. My A70 would probably be misplaced , chucked into one unseen corner and never be found again.

Francis Lee said:
Hi,

Need not suffered in silence. Write to ST forum page NOW.

seriously, i wrote to their CS, in the end i got even more fed up, cos they in turn said its my fault... pui... think i wrote somewhere in this forum before...

Being a long term Canon camera user, and have always received a respectable service standard from Canon, really tempted to highlight this incompetent service that Singpost is providing us Canon user with.

It indirectly tarnishes the reputation Canon service center has and I think its only fair that we Canon customer are provided with good service be it directly or indirectly rendered.

By telling this to Canon, in my opinion , is more effective in pushing for improvement from Singpost courier service. Rather than writing it in the forum. Like the saying goes, "hit them where it really hurts" as Canon is their direct customer.:think:

one thing about using singpost. never ship electronic goods using their speedpost parcel service. once i enquired about sending an home amplifier overseas. they say there's no priority nor special handling with fragile stuffs.

the counter lady was at least honest enuf to tell me that while they can still ship at customer's request, there's no guarantee that the item will reach it's destination undamaged. cos, the parcels are loaded into huge gunnysacks that is thrown up and down their delivery trucks at various dropoff points.

if i were u i rather go down there directly to collect back the camera.. dont trust middleman(sgpost)..:nono:

NE clicks clicks said:
Yup, thats right! Guess what would have happen if I have not reacted immediately. My A70 would probably be misplaced , chucked into one unseen corner and never be found again.

I know you're angry. But really, there's no need to have such silly prejudice.

To be fair for Singpost, I had much more expensive item than yours (the shipping cost itself is already more expensive than your camera, if you must know), shipped from US using vpost, handled well by Singpost when it's not delivered because I wasn't at home.

Status
Not open for further replies.