Horological Hue

Status
Not open for further replies.

seraphe

Sep 4, 2008
New to forum and planning to get a DSLR to explore photography more. (Still contemplating between 450D, D60 or E-520... but that's another story)

2110129264_72a475fb97_o.jpg

This was taken with Fujifilm FinePix F10 and a homemade light-box. Post processed with Photoshop to adjust level and contrast. I welcome all c&c. :D

Last edited:
nice watch. pic seems abit on the noisy side. can consider including the strap but needs abit of cleaning up in PP though. can see the PP making the lit area of the sapphire "breaking up".

nice watch. pic seems abit on the noisy side. can consider including the strap but needs abit of cleaning up in PP though. can see the PP making the lit area of the sapphire "breaking up".

Thanks for the comment :D I do realize the grainy noise of this shot, which is why I'm thinking of moving ahead to DSLR. As for the strap, it's there. Black strap against black background that is why it's invisible.

I'm still exploring lighting and positioning possibilities to get better 'reflections' off the sapphire and polished steel surfaces. Any tip?

Thanks for the comment :D I do realize the grainy noise of this shot, which is why I'm thinking of moving ahead to DSLR. As for the strap, it's there. Black strap against black background that is why it's invisible.

I'm still exploring lighting and positioning possibilities to get better 'reflections' off the sapphire and polished steel surfaces. Any tip?

a bigger sensor definitely means lesser noise for such photos. i can see the strap but it might look better if u can include more of it.

no tips on product photography from me because i am a noob as well. u need to play around with the flash position to minimise the amt of reflection off the sapphire.

i assisted a shoot for a de grisogono Meccanico dG and the flash was reflecting back inside the case and causing all sorts of funny reflection from the inside. :sweat:

it will be easier to use a light tent for watches.

looks pretty good on my monitor, cant really see much noise...
perhaps the only nip is the hour hand position, the M is blocked slightly...

great work for a nice watch!

Status
Not open for further replies.