Hood not fitting 24-70 f/2.8

allstar

Jul 1, 2007
Woodlands
simplyshoes.blogspot.com
Hi guys, by any chance has anyone encountered having difficulties locking the hood into the 24-70? Just bought one, brand new and I didn't expect the hood to be so difficult to put on. It ended up with scratches along the line where you fit the hood in. Tried another same hood, it also doesn't fit. So if the hoods all don't fit, could it be the thread on the lens?

It basically rubs itself all the way till it gets locked, and is really hard to unlock as well. Just imagine a new lens being scratched like that. zzz

allstar said:
Hi guys, by any chance has anyone encountered having difficulties locking the hood into the 24-70? Just bought one, brand new and I didn't expect the hood to be so difficult to put on. It ended up with scratches along the line where you fit the hood in. Tried another same hood, it also doesn't fit. So if the hoods all don't fit, could it be the thread on the lens?

It basically rubs itself all the way till it gets locked, and is really hard to unlock as well. Just imagine a new lens being scratched like that. zzz

Third party hood? Is there a catch somewhere that you need to press to release the hood?

I don't encounter any issue with the original hood, you sure you get the right hood HB-40?

Last edited:
got no problems with my hood as well.

Sounds like your putting it on wrong.... ?

If you bought 3rd party, then it means you got the wrong one. There are no 3rd party hoods available for 24-70... only 28-70. If that is the case, it will explains why it scratches and all.

If you bought HB-40, then it should be a perfect fit.

My hood fits perfectly as well, no need to force and scratch to lock it. Did you buy an original?

I actually using 3rd party hood for 24-70, same fit as original. Have both.

I highly suspect the hood was not placed properly and he used force to turn it.

lol. anyway TS went MIA already.

I hope I'm not making it sound like the TS is ...

But what are the chances he tried to screw the hood on the extended barrel instead?