Hood inner coat wear off.

Status
Not open for further replies.

laimg

Jun 6, 2006
One of my Canon hood inner coat wear off revealing the smooth plastic surface, will it affect the performance of the hood badly or slightly? Was told that light will reflected into the lens, true of false?

Canon service centre can repatch the hood? Or any way to self-fix? Or don’t bother.

Any advise.

Thanks a lot.

Dont bother mate. It will not affect your performance at all. You can't repatch the hood. You just have to get a new one. Hope that helps. Cheers!

Grateful for the reply. Thanks.

laimg said:
One of my Canon hood inner coat wear off revealing the smooth plastic surface, will it affect the performance of the hood badly or slightly? Was told that light will reflected into the lens, true of false?

Canon service centre can repatch the hood? Or any way to self-fix? Or don’t bother.

Any advise.

Thanks a lot.

Sometimes I wonder why Canon makes such a hood, it is so high maintenance. Tamron hood is not bad, instead of inner coat, the inner hood surface is thread like to minimist refelction.

ortega said:
if you want to DIY then get black velvet and stick
or spray paint matt black.

good luck
Yes, spray it with black matte inside the lens hood. Why they make lens hood (especially inner part black? It is to avoid light reflection. If it become white, it might reflect light and lens hood effectiveness is reduced.

Regards,

gaffer it man...and i tink unless the hood is chipped or broken it will serve the same purpose unless u got paint dangling down and blocking you hahahaha..... and anyway.. in extreme cases....the hood doesnt help either....

Status
Not open for further replies.