HongKong Trip

Status
Not open for further replies.

fiestormi

Oct 8, 2009
Singapore, Singapore, Singapor
Hi,

Going to HK on March7(SUN). This is my plan trip 4D3N flow Not sure you all got a better plan on the following place.

arrive at HK ard 11:45am. transfer to Shamrock Hotel(jordan). Take train back to Lantau for the Giant Buddha.Evening Visit Victoria Harbour

Monday,take the halfday city tour.Visit the Peak for the Madame Tussauds.Night shot at the Peak. Visit Lan Kwai Fong

Tuesday, Morning visit Ocean Park follow by Repulse Bay, Stanley Market. Night visit Jumbo Kingdom ThenTemple Street.

Wednesday, Morning visit Apliu Street Flea Market and Ladies Market. 4pm transfer to airport.

day 1 is roo rush.. cos lantau island/nong phing360, will take you about 4-5hrs including train+cable+ walking(thru/flow)

evening TST harbour tour, to save $$, 5pm is last afternoon boat tour around, 6pm onwards is night tour which will cost HKD$155 as compare to HK$55.

By the time u reach hotel maybe about 1pm or lastest by 2pm everything chk-in, to go giant buddha on 1st day is too rush unless you are "fit" to rush around for the whole day and not forgetting yr meal times too.

Day3, make sure you go Ocean park early so that you can catch up with other places, i think early bus is 9am or 10am.

Last edited:
Hi,

Going to HK on March7(SUN). This is my plan trip 4D3N flow Not sure you all got a better plan on the following place.

arrive at HK ard 11:45am. transfer to Shamrock Hotel(jordan). Take train back to Lantau for the Giant Buddha.Evening Visit Victoria Harbour

IMO, it's best to visit Lantau when you reach or leave so you don't waste too much time travelling.

When you reach, you can take a bus from the airport to Tung Chung. It's just a short ride away. You can deposit your bags at Tung Chung. After the Lantau tour, take the orange line MTR from from Tung Chung to Lai King and change to the red line. This will take you straight to Jordan. Assuming your arrival luggage is light, it should be quite manageable.

Alternatively, on the day you leave, you can check in your bags at the Kowloon MTR station before taking the orange line to Tung Chung. After your visit, you can take a bus from Tung Chung to the airport.

Here's the Hong Kong MTR map for your reference.

Personally, I'll take the last day tour as after checking in at Kowloon MTR, I'll be travelling light! ;) Don't shop too much at Lantau though.

Wednesday, Morning visit Apliu Street Flea Market and Ladies Market. 4pm transfer to airport.

Here's my guess, you're going to Apliu Street to look at your camera stuffs. I was very excited when I was there coz there seemed to be so many things to buy. That street is like a toy town for me. However, my wife has little interest in these kind of stuffs. She's into the kind of shopping which bores me absolutely. So we arranged to meet at a place at a designated time (please give plenty of time, 2.5 to 3 hrs). I go to Apliu and feast my eyes with no worries, while my wife goes to Fa Yuen Street to do her own shopping with no abandon. BTW, the cam equipment shops at Apliu deals in cash only.

BTW, Apliu is at Sam Shui Po and Fa Yuen is between Mongkok and Prince Edward, so it's not too far away.

IMO, Ladies' Market is a waste of time. Pasar malam kind of stuffs. Will most probably bore you and your partner will be disappointed too. I'll just do a passing visit there while going through Sai Yeong Choi Street at night.

Thanks all for the advice.

I will make change on the first day to follow Mad Armour guide.
I will be travel with a bag for clothing and my camera bags and tripod.

take bus to Tung Chungdeposit put bags at Tung Chung.visit Giant Buddha. for Victoria harbour I jus want to see the symphony of light.

One more thing. For the Ocean Park. If we want to take those Roller coaster ride. How do you all take the camera. Is it save to deposit camera there.

Last edited:
for Victoria harbour I jus want to see the symphony of light.

Avenue of Stars is a good vantage point for photo opportunities during the symphony of light. Pray for a clear sky. :) IMO can go on any night. Perhaps checking the local weather conditions before making your decision is a good idea. Last time I was there, it was hazy and the night shots were not very exciting.

Personally, I'll take the last day tour as after checking in at Kowloon MTR, I'll be travelling light! ;) Don't shop too much at Lantau though.

This is a good suggestion.
your flight is 4 pm or the 7++ one? If is the latter, you have enough time in Lantau. just make sure you leave hotel as early as possible.

Status
Not open for further replies.