HongKong Trip(Dec 2010) Winter

zeunice

Mar 16, 2010
singapore
Below some of my pics taken last 31 dec 2010 to 4 Jan 2011 at Hongkong.
You can see and try to comments for improvement..
Note the weather too cold and windy especially when i take long
exposure at Causeway bay and my tripod keeps on shaking.

dsc0146abc.jpg

dsc0142ab.jpg

3. This photo taken at the Peak. My tripod always shakes due to strong wind and freezing to 12deg.
dsc0517ab.jpg

dsc0559ab.jpg

Last edited:
dsc0530ab.jpg

6. Disneyland
dsc0669a.jpg

7. Stitch Encounter Entrance
dsc0699a.jpg

dsc1118a.jpg

Last edited:
Nice pics. What lens did you bring along with you for the trip? I'll be going there in mid Feb and I can't decide if I should just bring along my 24-70 or both 24-70 and 16-35.

Hi Zeunice,nice photo. You need a heavy & steady tripod. I will bring 24-70,16-35 & 80-200,also a flash.

You need a heavy & steady tripod. .

not all steady tripods must be heavy.

my sirui T1204 (1.1kg) is rock stable when i shoot up there on The Peak (very windy too).

for travels, i avoid heavy tripods cos chances of leaving them in the hotel is very high.

Nice pics. What lens did you bring along with you for the trip? I'll be going there in mid Feb and I can't decide if I should just bring along my 24-70 or both 24-70 and 16-35.

Thanks. Just bring my tokina 12-24mm f4 together with d90 body.

my sirui T1204 (1.1kg) is rock stable when i shoot up there on The Peak (very windy too).

for travels, i avoid heavy tripods cos chances of leaving them in the hotel is very high.

Agree.. I went to the peak twice as morning cannot take pics due to morning haze and freezing then i come back night time for long exposure.

Did you carry a backpack or sling bag when u travel?

i prefer sling bag over backpack. i dun like to look like a ninja turtle and become a nuisance on public train for blocking ppl behind me.

I've thought about that. Can be quite crowded on the MTR and like you said, it can be quite a nuisance to carry a backpack. But if I use a slingbag, then I would have to carry my tripod plus the bag. Plus the weight distribution can be a killer over time.

i prefer sling bag over backpack. i dun like to look like a ninja turtle and become a nuisance on public train for blocking ppl behind me.

:thumbsup::thumbsup:

I've thought about that. Can be quite crowded on the MTR and like you said, it can be quite a nuisance to carry a backpack. But if I use a slingbag, then I would have to carry my tripod plus the bag. Plus the weight distribution can be a killer over time.

i dun have any problems with it. my tripod is light enough ;p

so far i carried 2 lens + body + tripod ... the total weight is not more then 5kg (probably ard 3kg plus). that's why light tripod (but sturdy) is very important during your travels.