HONGKONG! Accomodation recommendations requested

Status
Not open for further replies.

marcwang

Jan 9, 2003
East Singapore
www.pbase.com
Hie Guys,

I'm intending to visit Hong Kong end July. It would be a free and easy trip and I intend to book airfare and accomodations seperately. It would be a 5 night trip. I would appreciate recommendations for good budget hotels and where to book them. (Below $120/night).

Browsing through HotelClub.net , it seems accomodation is generally expensive.... . The only one I have interest in seems to be the B P Hotel in Tsim Shat Sui.

HK hotels are quite ex... I saw the B P Hotel, it seems clean but i heard security wise may not be that great as it's more like a YMCA type... If can afford, can try Eaton...

More impt things what you want to do in HK. Decide where you want to stay base on what you intend to do.. for me, I choose to stay at Langham PLace Hotel (S$200/nite) as i wanted to relax and enjoy with my wife. Also, it's near Mongkok station (in fact, there's a link to the MTR), next to a new shopping complex with cinemas, foodcourt etc,walking distance to Ladies markets etc (good for niteowls...)

Hotel Renaissance Harbour View, near Wan Chai MTR and quite near to the Ferry. You can take the express train from airport, to Hong Kong MTR, transit to a free shuttle to the hotel.

Ferry is only $2.20 and you end up at Tim Sha Tsui in < 10 mins.

The bed rooms are nice & comfortable. :heart:

There's Coffee Club nearby with free internet access also (so sue me) and it's very near the Exhibition Centre, so you can drop by if there's any fairs there :)

http://www.ywca.org.hk/hotel/Eng/ekln/tariff/bottom.htm

i stayed here during my trip last mth

although out of my budget at first, i really like the location...it is in mongkok so u can even go out at 1am to have supper.

save a lot of $$ and time in transport too because the place that i go all within walking distance.

if u stay 7 days, it will be HK$1400. that's HK$200/nite for 2 person. if u find 2 pple going, will be HK$100/nite liao

*free* internet access, courtesy of unsecured network in the neighbour (speed damn fast somemore)

Wai said:

although out of my budget at first, i really like the location...it is in mongkok so u can even go out at 1am to have supper.

save a lot of $$ and time in transport too because the place that i go all within walking distance.

if u stay 7 days, it will be $1400. that''s $200/nite for 2 person. if u find 2 pple going, will be $100/nite liao

*free* internet access, courtesy of unsecured network in the neighbour (speed damn fast somemore)
200/nite for 2 person for YWCA? Thats very expensive you know? I paid the same for Langham place hotel and they are brand new 4 star hotel with 30+ inch LCD and DVD with DVD library leh.. somemore, 2 mins to MTR, 5mins to Ladies market....

nemesis32 said:
200/nite for 2 person for YWCA? Thats very expensive you know? I paid the same for Langham place hotel and they are brand new 4 star hotel with 30+ inch LCD and DVD with DVD library leh.. somemore, 2 mins to MTR, 5mins to Ladies market....

HK$200!!

not SGD :p

there are guest house (shared dorm) that cost as low as S$20-25 per person

but if two person are going, then this YWCA hotel more worth it...at least it is a private room with air-con, with better environment than i expected

me going over this aug mid..

staying at euton ( not too sure spelling )

good or not ??

5 days i pay 573 cathy.. cheap or exp or normal ??

Wai said:
HK$200!!

not SGD :p

there are guest house (shared dorm) that cost as low as S$20-25 per person

but if two person are going, then this YWCA hotel more worth it...at least it is a private room with air-con, with better environment than i expected
Haha... my fault... did not see properly..

k3nn3th03 said:

good or not ??

It shd be EATON Hotel. I stayed there quite a few years ago. Pretty convienent, walking distance to Jordan MTR, Ladies market and temple street market.

I think normal rates abt 120-140SGD/n so you did not overpay since got airtickets also right?

k3nn3th03 said:

good or not ??

I think you are refering to Eaton, at Yaumatei, Jordan. They are doing some upgrading work now. Good location tho.

Personally I will prefer to stay in Jordon, a few on my favorite list, Eaton, Majestic, Nathan, Mayfair Garden, Prudential, Dorsett Seaview Hotel, Chung Hing.

Out of these few, I like Eaton, Majestic, Nathan, all located opposite Temple street, abt 5 mins walk to Jordon MTR, about 15 mins walk to MongKok, Tung Choi Street. Dowstairs you'll find lots of those HK cafe, shops, newspaper stands, restaurants, spa, niteclub, blah blah blah. Heh, it's like the core of kowloon, shop and eat till you drop.

hkjun05001.jpg

Just stayed in Majestic 2 weeks ago, 4D 3N $520, inclusive of air ticket (cheapo Jet star tho :cry: ), airport tax, airport-hotel-airport transfer. Hotel quite nice, comfortable, hrm, but if you want to stay there, make sure you take the high floor, downstair there's 1 Disco, and you get BOM BOM BOM till dawn, if you stay low.

Grrr... I feel like going again...

:p

Wai said:

if u stay 7 days, it will be HK$1400. that's HK$200/nite for 2 person. if u find 2 pple going, will be HK$100/nite liao

To thread starter...Sorry to side track..

Erm...noticed this is a YWCA....Need any membership? Any terms and condition? Or is it open for public??? :think:

espn said:
Kin, you organise again, I go with you. :bsmilie:

:what:

I can't sleep with a cockcroach besides me wor...

* togu run away...

togu said:
:what:

I can't sleep with a cockcroach besides me wor...

* togu run away...

*espn smacks togu*

Big Kahuna said:
To thread starter...Sorry to side track..

Erm...noticed this is a YWCA....Need any membership? Any terms and condition? Or is it open for public??? :think:

no need, just email them the date that u want, and you will get your reply within a day.

the price is very good (about S$50 for double room) compare to those backpacker guest house (S$20-30 per person), at least the place is clean, decent, got air-con, hot water bath, TV and water boiler in your room. most importantly, walking distance to mong kok

HOTEL TRANSPORTATION FROM AIRPORT:
Shuttle bus service is provided by Vigor Airport Shuttle Services Ltd.
Please approach the Commercial Kiosk B13 on the Arrival Level or
directly opposite Gate B of public meet / greet area / exit. For single
trip, it costs HK$95 per head (child under 2 years old free of charge).

I stayed in majestic (12 floor) from 18-24 june too. My rate is S$118. The hotel is not bad, clean and with ice dispenser outside the room. :thumbsup:

Do select non-smoking floor.

togu where you can the lobang, so cheap?

togu said:
Just stayed in Majestic 2 weeks ago, 4D 3N $520, inclusive of air ticket (cheapo Jet star tho :cry: ), airport tax, airport-hotel-airport transfer. Hotel quite nice, comfortable, hrm, but if you want to stay there, make sure you take the high floor, downstair there's 1 Disco, and you get BOM BOM BOM till dawn, if you stay low.

Grrr... I feel like going again...

:p

Recommend BP International. Good location and nice new fittings. Book on net cheaper.

kingpin said:
Recommend BP International. Good location and nice new fittings. Book on net cheaper.
Is BP safe? think someone commented that not very safe?

nemesis32 said:
Is BP safe? think someone commented that not very safe?

I always stay at BP everytime I go to HK (BP 3 times already). Was there early this year again. BP is also much better after the upgrade.. I even walked around at night after 12am...Very safe ley.... No hassel at all..

I like BP because it is near MTR..and 5 min walk, I could catch the airport bus.

at night..walk around and even at 2am..I can get good food around.
there is several 24hour convinient store around as well.

if u wanna visit brothel...professional prostutie are just 3 min walking distance. :devil:

Status
Not open for further replies.