Hong Kong

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hosea

Apr 20, 2004
Singapore
www.stanleykay.com
Took this shot in raw format .This allows me to play with the WB.
"Gold" is the original WB for this shot. :D

Platinum
HK1R.jpg

Gold
Resize_of_hk2.jpg

Plum
Resize_of_hk4.jpg

Lavender
Resize_of_HK3.jpg

I love them all, but I think Lavender is my fav! :thumbsup:

I prefer the 2nd one, but the text (the 1 in the pic) shouldn't be there, since there is another 'HONG KONG' in the frame area. Still a :thumbsup: shot. Just my 0.02

renegade said:
I prefer the 2nd one, but the text (the 1 in the pic) shouldn't be there, since there is another 'HONG KONG' in the frame area. Still a :thumbsup: shot. Just my 0.02
I accept your 0.02( USCents? :D ). I agree that those text shouldn't be there ,I have it there for "copyright" purpose only :bsmilie:
Wonder there is another better way to do it.. me dont know PS well :confused: wanna give another 0.02? :think:

Hosea said:
I accept you 0.02( USCents? :D ). I agree that those text shouldn't be there ,I have it there for "copyright" purpose only :bsmilie:
Wonder there is another better way to do it.. me dont know PS well :confused: wanna give another 0.02? :think:

wah asking for another 0.02? it's in rupiah now! maybe just to without the text in the frame lor :bsmilie:

Wow, cool.

Like the platinum best. Looks like the manhattan card but the hong kong version. very nice.

Where did you took the photo from? I am going hong kong soon and want to take such photos too.

:thumbsup:

Bro ,

u scan out some postcard ah ?

Why so nice leh .?

If the person on the right hand side is not there . Its perfect.

Anyway , really nice. Can teach me how to take picture like that ?

Hosea,

WHAT THE HECK !!!!!

Platinum, Gold, Plum or Lavender - they're all very :thumbsup:
I like them all, each of them give a different mood.

I'm sure you have more to show.

icer said:
Wow, cool.

Like the platinum best. Looks like the manhattan card but the hong kong version. very nice.

Where did you took the photo from? I am going hong kong soon and want to take such photos too.

:thumbsup:
Thank you for your comment.
This photo was taken from Tsim Sha Tsui promenade (along the Ave of Stars) at Kowloon.
Get a free Avenue of Stars brochure at the Airport. This details the full activities at AS.
You can watch the Symphony of Lights every night at 8pm. Do visit
The fountains show at the Clock tower too.

2 mistakes I made during this trip.
1) Didn't bring my sturdy tripod. The small tripod was too light to withstand the strong wind. So died died you must bring a good tripod if you want to take good night shots.
2) Reach the Ave of Stars late. Very crowded, could not find a good spot for shooting. Do try to be there by 7:00pm
Have a good trip!
PM me if you need further informations.

arowana said:
Bro ,

u scan out some postcard ah ?

Why so nice leh .?

If the person on the right hand side is not there . Its perfect.

Anyway , really nice. Can teach me how to take picture like that ?

:embrass: Bro, me still learning . The cloudy day helped.

nokin said:
Hosea,

WHAT THE HECK !!!!!

Platinum, Gold, Plum or Lavender - they're all very :thumbsup:
I like them all, each of them give a different mood.

I'm sure you have more to show.
Nokin, Thanks!! Glad all these w/b look fine with you :D

Hi Hosea, let me guess, you took this picture beside the coast near the Tsim Sh Tsui Clock Tower right? There is actually a camera shop nearby with some Sigma Lens on display.

I agree on the weather. I was there last year August. You must go Sheng Jin(Deep Well) and try the famous roast goose there.

If you have a Telephoto lens (which i dun) , you should try taking pictures of people crossing the road. Its crowded almost everyehere in Hong Kong, especially crossing the road....u never feel alone. =P

Hosea...i just do not know y you place text on the building...place it lower at the sea area or do not place at all. cos u have the text typed on the border already. :D

dont spoil the nice pict by placing text in wrong places ya.

Bernard Ong said:
Hi Hosea, let me guess, you took this picture beside the coast near the Tsim Sh Tsui Clock Tower right? There is actually a camera shop nearby with some Sigma Lens on display.

I agree on the weather. I was there last year August. You must go Sheng Jin(Deep Well) and try the famous roast goose there.

If you have a Telephoto lens (which i dun) , you should try taking pictures of people crossing the road. Its crowded almost everyehere in Hong Kong, especially crossing the road....u never feel alone. =P

Hi Bernard,
I didn’t' got the best spot as I was late. I managed to get a space under the stair with many people on my right.
Wow, got nice roast duck. Must try next time.
Agree! There are many good opp. for good street shots at HK.
:bsmilie:

khairi said:
Hosea...i just do not know y you place text on the building...place it lower at the sea area or do not place at all. cos u have the text typed on the border already. :D

dont spoil the nice pict by placing text in wrong places ya.

:bsmilie: Oh Sorry la.. I just trying to find way to 'copyright' the pix.
I agree 100% that the text shouldnt be there. :embrass:

Status
Not open for further replies.