Hong Kong


Status
Not open for further replies.

Hosea

New Member
Apr 20, 2004
4,972
1
0
Singapore
www.stanleykay.com
Took this shot in raw format .This allows me to play with the WB.
"Gold" is the original WB for this shot. :D

Platinum


Gold


Plum


Lavender
 

Marmbo

New Member
Jun 10, 2004
86
0
0
44
BC, Canada
I love them all, but I think Lavender is my fav! :thumbsup:
 

ndroo

Moderator
Staff member
Nov 22, 2003
8,242
3
38
49
www.fuzzyeyeballs.com
www.fuzzyeyeballs.com
I prefer the 2nd one, but the text (the 1 in the pic) shouldn't be there, since there is another 'HONG KONG' in the frame area. Still a :thumbsup: shot. Just my 0.02
 

Hosea

New Member
Apr 20, 2004
4,972
1
0
Singapore
www.stanleykay.com
renegade said:
I prefer the 2nd one, but the text (the 1 in the pic) shouldn't be there, since there is another 'HONG KONG' in the frame area. Still a :thumbsup: shot. Just my 0.02
I accept your 0.02( USCents? :D ). I agree that those text shouldn't be there ,I have it there for "copyright" purpose only :bsmilie:
Wonder there is another better way to do it.. me dont know PS well :confused: wanna give another 0.02? :think:
 

ndroo

Moderator
Staff member
Nov 22, 2003
8,242
3
38
49
www.fuzzyeyeballs.com
www.fuzzyeyeballs.com
Hosea said:
I accept you 0.02( USCents? :D ). I agree that those text shouldn't be there ,I have it there for "copyright" purpose only :bsmilie:
Wonder there is another better way to do it.. me dont know PS well :confused: wanna give another 0.02? :think:
wah asking for another 0.02? it's in rupiah now! maybe just to without the text in the frame lor :bsmilie:
 

icer

New Member
Mar 15, 2004
311
0
0
West
www.icezworld.com
Wow, cool.

Like the platinum best. Looks like the manhattan card but the hong kong version. very nice.

Where did you took the photo from? I am going hong kong soon and want to take such photos too.

:thumbsup:
 

arowana

New Member
Mar 17, 2004
920
0
0
Bro ,

u scan out some postcard ah ?

Why so nice leh .?

If the person on the right hand side is not there . Its perfect.

Anyway , really nice. Can teach me how to take picture like that ?
 

nokin

New Member
Dec 18, 2003
267
0
0
Singapore
Visit site
Hosea,

WHAT THE HECK !!!!!

Platinum, Gold, Plum or Lavender - they're all very :thumbsup:
I like them all, each of them give a different mood.

I'm sure you have more to show.
 

Hosea

New Member
Apr 20, 2004
4,972
1
0
Singapore
www.stanleykay.com
icer said:
Wow, cool.

Like the platinum best. Looks like the manhattan card but the hong kong version. very nice.

Where did you took the photo from? I am going hong kong soon and want to take such photos too.

:thumbsup:
Thank you for your comment.
This photo was taken from Tsim Sha Tsui promenade (along the Ave of Stars) at Kowloon.
Get a free Avenue of Stars brochure at the Airport. This details the full activities at AS.
You can watch the Symphony of Lights every night at 8pm. Do visit
The fountains show at the Clock tower too.

2 mistakes I made during this trip.
1) Didn't bring my sturdy tripod. The small tripod was too light to withstand the strong wind. So died died you must bring a good tripod if you want to take good night shots.
2) Reach the Ave of Stars late. Very crowded, could not find a good spot for shooting. Do try to be there by 7:00pm
Have a good trip!
PM me if you need further informations.
 

Hosea

New Member
Apr 20, 2004
4,972
1
0
Singapore
www.stanleykay.com
arowana said:
Bro ,

u scan out some postcard ah ?

Why so nice leh .?

If the person on the right hand side is not there . Its perfect.

Anyway , really nice. Can teach me how to take picture like that ?
:embrass: Bro, me still learning . The cloudy day helped.
 

Hosea

New Member
Apr 20, 2004
4,972
1
0
Singapore
www.stanleykay.com
nokin said:
Hosea,

WHAT THE HECK !!!!!

Platinum, Gold, Plum or Lavender - they're all very :thumbsup:
I like them all, each of them give a different mood.

I'm sure you have more to show.
Nokin, Thanks!! Glad all these w/b look fine with you :D
 

Bernard Ong

New Member
Apr 15, 2004
405
0
0
Hi Hosea, let me guess, you took this picture beside the coast near the Tsim Sh Tsui Clock Tower right? There is actually a camera shop nearby with some Sigma Lens on display.

I agree on the weather. I was there last year August. You must go Sheng Jin(Deep Well) and try the famous roast goose there.

If you have a Telephoto lens (which i dun) , you should try taking pictures of people crossing the road. Its crowded almost everyehere in Hong Kong, especially crossing the road....u never feel alone. =P
 

khairi

Senior Member
Apr 6, 2004
2,526
0
36
44
yishun
inbloomblog.multiply.com
Hosea...i just do not know y you place text on the building...place it lower at the sea area or do not place at all. cos u have the text typed on the border already. :D

dont spoil the nice pict by placing text in wrong places ya.
 

Hosea

New Member
Apr 20, 2004
4,972
1
0
Singapore
www.stanleykay.com
Bernard Ong said:
Hi Hosea, let me guess, you took this picture beside the coast near the Tsim Sh Tsui Clock Tower right? There is actually a camera shop nearby with some Sigma Lens on display.

I agree on the weather. I was there last year August. You must go Sheng Jin(Deep Well) and try the famous roast goose there.

If you have a Telephoto lens (which i dun) , you should try taking pictures of people crossing the road. Its crowded almost everyehere in Hong Kong, especially crossing the road....u never feel alone. =P
Hi Bernard,
I didn’t' got the best spot as I was late. I managed to get a space under the stair with many people on my right.
Wow, got nice roast duck. Must try next time.
Agree! There are many good opp. for good street shots at HK.
:bsmilie:
 

Hosea

New Member
Apr 20, 2004
4,972
1
0
Singapore
www.stanleykay.com
khairi said:
Hosea...i just do not know y you place text on the building...place it lower at the sea area or do not place at all. cos u have the text typed on the border already. :D

dont spoil the nice pict by placing text in wrong places ya.
:bsmilie: Oh Sorry la.. I just trying to find way to 'copyright' the pix.
I agree 100% that the text shouldnt be there. :embrass:
 

Status
Not open for further replies.