Hong Kong Trip

Status
Not open for further replies.
hi encino, if possible, tell me the reason why u think bird park and zoo is not worth to visit?

thanks and thanks for your recommendation places, will take note of it.

Originally posted by ninelives
hi encino, if possible, tell me the reason why u think bird park and zoo is not worth to visit?

thanks and thanks for your recommendation places, will take note of it.

I never been to their zoo or the bird park. i looked through the phamlets and finds it lousy. singapore zoo and the JBP are one of the best in the world. You will tend to compare their standard to ours and i can say theirs are lousy. I'm very sad to see that their Ocean Park is so lousy...Undewrwater world is a disappointment...Ocean Park is worse.

stay at Grand tower cos you can shop till 2am at the night market and it's very accessibile to camera shops and also food. The bad(Draw) is that Portland Street is juz directly behind the hotel. The hotel stafss are very friendly and good in English. i like the hotel very much due to the location and service. 3*** and 4**** service...where to find?

ya must goto temple street lor
or lady steet or market lor
thre is lots of ting there to see an take pics too
else if u want countryside take a rail up to shenzhen or china lor
bery fast one nowdays since the lastime i went is 10++ yrsd ago

i stay in a few hotel in HK before lor
as i go alone sometime and with friends and family too
hehe

but remeber to check out HK camera shoips at mongkok
hehe
TST and the main hongkong island is exp lor the stuffs
hehe

tooobad all my HK pics taken in film format hehee

And encion and togu recommendation is great!! must go to those place they mentioned

ya i also wanan go HK again hehe
ya HK is a conviece place to go too the MTR is a good way to go to.
A to B lor
actualy HK already got the contactless card before US
i try befoer when i wnet 2yrs ago?
hehe

but first now befoer i go to HK or overseas i must get a good digicam along this time ehehe
no more crappy cam heheee

some things to try....

1. Dim sum! Some restaurants are open early in the morning and they have great discounts... e.g. HK$7-8 for each dim sum, big or small
2. Gui ling Kao. There's one authentic shop along Temple Street which is good.
3. Double skin boiled milk - shop name is "Nee Soon". It's something like dou hua but made from milk
4. Go for a concert at Hung Hom!

HK does not have a zoo nor Bird Park. The HK Park near Central has an avery like the one in our Bird Park. If you like to shoot birds (photo lah), a place called Mai Po near Yuen Long in NT. It is a reserve like our Nature Park but much bigger. I heard you need to apply to go in. So with limited time, you may not be able to go.

If you are a MF guy, HK is a good place to buy Hasselblad. A 503cw kit cost less than 4k compare with 5k here.

Of course you cannot miss all the wonderful food.

don't like to squeeze lor then pay more for a cabbies lor
just pray u dont get those cuttroat cabbies in HK
i enounter before lor
hehee

but most of the cabbies there is oke one
but from airport to kowloon or hongkongisland is abit far to take cab lor
and exp too
take the new subway from airport to town more cheaper and got seat for u to sit down too
esle get a hotel transfter lor
ehhee

no need to rush hehe.
for me i ilike HK;s foods hehe
and the buildings is lot more to shhooot
heeee

toobad now the plane dont turn around kowloon for landing.
when u coming from spore
last time i at the old airport u can take the aerial view of kowloon and hongkong island hehee

Originally posted by mtsang88
HK does not have a zoo nor Bird Park. The HK Park near Central has an avery like the one in our Bird Park. If you like to shoot birds (photo lah), a place called Mai Po near Yuen Long in NT. It is a reserve like our Nature Park but much bigger. I heard you need to apply to go in. So with limited time, you may not be able to go.

If you are a MF guy, HK is a good place to buy Hasselblad. A 503cw kit cost less than 4k compare with 5k here.

Of course you cannot miss all the wonderful food.

you talking about this one : http://www.lcsd.gov.hk/LEISURE/LP/hkzbg/ ?

there's actually a bird park.. but i think its not called a bird park as its quite small.. its located next to the botanical and zoological garden. My apartment is only 1 street away :)

This pic is taken from the balcony.. http://tsq.at.twofishy.net/view_afternoon.jpg

look at the right, u see this round/sphere thing? that's where the birdy thing is.. its not a tourist spot like how Singapore's bird park.. its more for the local to bring their kid to play.. I have my morning jog around there before start work.

Can ask me where else to go la, i live there for quite some time before coming to Singapore. but i remember a member here is borned and rised in HK then migrated to Singapore.. I bet he knows better.

Originally posted by ninelives
hi tsq, is it this one :

http://www.lcsd.gov.hk/LEISURE/LP/hkzbg/ ?

so nothing much to shoot there?

thanks.

yep yep thats the one..

well i wouldnt say nothing to shoot there... its nice to see a garden in the middle of such a city like HK.. it's actually quite well kept and clean, and considering the limited land there, its considered quite big.

but do not compare it with SG's parks.. it's like comparing Beaches in Australia with beach in Singapore. In HK, look for something else unique... like the streets and city life, i bet there's plenty in those to shoot from .

ninelives,

the url link you showed is the Botanical and Zoological Garden. It has been there for long long time. I agree with TsQ that there is nothing much to shoot (actually I have not been there for a long long time also). But it is a nice place to take a walk there. The HK Garden I mentioned is a new one (built only a few years back) and is quite close to the B&Z Garden. The old B&Z Garden is on the top and right hand side of the Garden Road (remember this road). Whereas the new HK Garden is on the lower part and left hand side of Garden Road. It is behind the Bank of China Building and stretch to the back of Pacific Plaza. If you want to go to the Peak and take the cable car. the Cable car terminal is also along Garden Road (about the middle part). You walk from the main road (where the tram is running) and up Garden Road for less than 10 minutes, you'll reach the Cable Car terminal.

Status
Not open for further replies.